Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-18: Brewers (Nelson) at Cubs (Anderson) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-7]

hawing

This is the last night game the Brewers are scheduled to play at Wrigley this season.

Brewers:

2B Jonathan Villar (S)

1B Eric Thames (L)

LF Ryan Braun ®

3B Travis Shaw (L)

RF Domingo Santana ®

C Manny Pina ®

CF Keon Broxton ®

SS Orlando Arcia ®

RHP Jimmy Nelson ®

Cubs:

LF Kyle Schwarber (L)

3B Kris Bryant ®

1B Anthony Rizzo (L)

2B Ben Zobrist (S)

RF Jason Heyward (L)

C Miguel Montero (L)

SS Javier Baez ®

LHP Brett Anderson (L)

CF Jon Jay (L)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excited for tonight. Let's get a series win before we even have to see that Milone guy pitch.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Surprised that Thames wasn't sent in by Sedar. And I'm stuck with regular def for this game, this is awful. Gotta find a stream.

*Shaw with a great swing.

Remember back in the 90s when you watched a game on a 27 inch screen in regular def and it seemed fine?

Now we have 60 inch screens, and if it's regular def, we're all like, 'What is this crap? I can't even see this.' :)

Surprised that Thames wasn't sent in by Sedar. And I'm stuck with regular def for this game, this is awful. Gotta find a stream.

Remember back in the 90s when you watched a game on a 27 inch screen in regular def and it seemed fine?

Now we have 60 inch screens, and if it's regular def, we're all like, 'What is this crap? I can't even see this.' :)

So true man. I remember the first time I saw how BluRay really is meant to be played, or at least on a really good high-def TV and was amazed. That was Band of Brothers when the BluRay set came out. Awesome.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Thames now hitting .419
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The first time I saw HD I thought "eh, nice picture but what's the big deal?" Then I went back and watched my standard def TV and thought "oh...got it"

I am not Shea Vucinich

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I remember when they only showed about 20 games a year and we had a 13" black and white TV
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Someone should tell Broxton he is allowed to swing at the first pitch. Seems like every single AB starts with a fastball right down the middle that he watches and then he is stuck playing catchup.

Someone should tell Broxton he is allowed to swing at the first pitch. Seems like every single AB starts with a fastball right down the middle that he watches and then he is stuck playing catchup.

He's fouling off anything good. Just doesn't seem to be right right now. But yeah he's getting into too many unfavorable counts.

Archived