Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-17: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Lackey) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-3; Thames hits HR in 5th consecutive game]

hawing

Thames and Braun strike again!

Cold day and Braun is stealing bases. Love it!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a rocket.

I might be in the minority but I hope Braun finishes his career here

Seconded. Logically I think it makes sense to trade him, but emotionally I really want him to be a part of the next Brewers playoff run.

Thirded? If that's the right phrasing. As lousy as it was for what Braun did it would be great to see it come full circle and he go out on a high note in Milwaukee and usher in the next great wave of Brewers baseball.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Between Bandy and Pina Brewers most likely have the best OPS at Catcher in the majors right now.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

If the team keeps winning, do they still even think of trading Braun during the season? Maybe expectations get recalibrated with this strong start. Yes, I realize it's only been a couple weeks, but this team isn't looking streaky or "flukey".

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It's not an emotional decision for me. It's strictly business. If his bat can stick 4 more years and he can OPS .900+ and stay relatively healthy, I'd be happy to have him if he can help us win a World Series. If that's unlikely, I'd prefer to move on. I don't really feel any emotion about it.

If the team keeps winning, do they still even think of trading Braun during the season?

Unless they are cruising towards June with an incredible record, no.

I'm a bit confused by this. If they were cruising in June with a great record, why would that make them more likely to want to move Braun?

If the team keeps winning, do they still even think of trading Braun during the season?

Unless they are cruising towards June with an incredible record, no.

I'm a bit confused by this. If they were cruising in June with a great record, why would that make them more likely to want to move Braun?

Clearly not what I meant. You aren't going to change your view on trading Braun with an OK record. If we are enter June 10 games over .500 maybe you think twice about it. I recall such a situation coming up a few years ago with a big time ace and that respective team had a .500ish record still in the wild card race. They team wisely traded the pitcher(who to be fair was a rental). Still unless you are really confident this team is special this year or can be next year don't get caught up in a hot start.

Clearly not what I meant. You aren't going to change your view on trading Braun with an OK record. If we are enter June 10 games over .500 maybe you think twice about it. I recall such a situation coming up a few years ago with a big time ace and that respective team had a .500ish record still in the wild card race. They team wisely traded the pitcher(who to be fair was a rental). Still unless you are really confident this team is special this year or can be next year don't get caught up in a hot start.[/quote

The White Sox if my memory serves me right.

"That's just good baseball" yeah.. except it didn't work, Rock.

Isn't common sense for the pitcher to drop down a bunt to advance the runner?

That wasn't at all what I was saying.

It would have been good baseball had it worked.

"That's just good baseball" yeah.. except it didn't work, Rock.

Isn't common sense for the pitcher to drop down a bunt to advance the runner?

That wasn't at all what I was saying.

It would have been good baseball had it worked.

I know I was taking a stab at Arcia's pitcher-like performance at the plate.

This isn't going to end well. Feliz just doesn't have it tonight. Gonna need some eager hitters from the Cubs to get him out of this.

Archived