Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-17: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Lackey) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-3; Thames hits HR in 5th consecutive game]

hawing
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As tight as pro sports are on uniform regulations I can't believe they don't have an issue with the intentionally crooked hat.

Might as well wear em backwards.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Not that I'm missing him, but where's BA? It's been awhile since I've heard him do a game.

NBA?

I forgot that that's still going on. How nice to have an employer that let's you leave your job to go work for someone else (most likely for much more money) for weeks at a time. If he's doing NBA playoffs he's got to be gone for at least a month, right?

Not that I'm missing him, but where's BA? It's been awhile since I've heard him do a game.

NBA?

I forgot that that's still going on. How nice to have an employer that let's you leave your job to go work for someone else (most likely for much more money) for weeks at a time. If he's doing NBA playoffs he's got to be gone for at least a month, right?

Depends on what channel he is doing it for etc. I doubt he is doing the finals.

On another note I actually think I kind of like the variety over a 162 game season.

Our bad catcher is hitting .308....

Yah the success offensively behind the plate has been fun, but I am quite confident both are going to regress greatly. Which isn't a big deal because I don't think anyone expected either to be above average. Honestly if either ends up hitting average it will be a win.

I see no reason Pina can't be at least an average if not above average hitting catcher. He's got a career .802 OPS in the pros and was pretty consistently over . 700 in the minors and foreign leagues. As a late bloomer I think he's got a good chance to be more toward that high mark.

While I'm not quite as optimistic on Bandy's bat, we'll see. I expect some regression for sure but still think his bat could play as an average catcher. I expect neither will make me miss Jason Kendall by the end of the year, I'll put it that way.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

NBA?

I think he works for TBS/TNT and they only have the first round which is over April 30th at the latest.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

So how many MPH extra are pitchers getting these days with the new radar technique or whatever? Seems like everyone throws 95-100 now.

Supposedly the average is only up by about 1 mph, though it certainly feels like more.

NBA?

He's on TNT. Has all the Bulls/Celtics and 1 Cavs/Pacers. They don't have the second round assignments out, but I would think that's as far as he would go. Conference finals and Finals are spread out enough they'd use 2 crews at most.

Archived