Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-15: Brewers (Davies) at Reds (Finnegan) 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-5]

hawing

It's Jackie Robinson Day, so everyone is #42.

Brewers:

2B Jonathan Villar (S)

1B Eric Thames (L)

LF Ryan Braun ®

RF Domingo Santana ®

3B Hernan Perez ®

CF Keon Broxton ®

C Jett Bandy ®

SS Orlando Arcia ®

RHP Zach Davies ®

Reds:

CF Billy Hamilton (S)

2B Jose Peraza ®

1B Joey Votto (L)

RF Scott Schebler (L)

3B Eugenio Suarez ®

LF Scooter Gennett (L)

SS Zack Cozart ®

C Tucker Barnhart (S)

LHP Brandon Finnegan (L)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The similarities between Villar and Gomez are really something. Frustrating at times, but have to take the good with the bad!
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

The team is on fire right now. Hitting and pitching all in line.

Is it safe to get excited about this team?

Never as good as you think you are when things are going right, and never as bad as you think you are when things are going bad.

I'm enjoying the good things right now, but we'll have 4 game (or more) losing streaks along the way too.

The similarities between Villar and Gomez are really something. Frustrating at times, but have to take the good with the bad!

Yep. Continuing to freak out over his mistakes is the definition of insanity. Sure it's annoying but it's a learning process and he's just too good an important for us to be sitting him.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Why did the Reds pull their starter after one inning?

I would've too. After his 3rd walk I would've walked out there and took the ball from him. Inexcusable.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Yep. Continuing to freak out over his mistakes is the definition of insanity. Sure it's annoying but it's a learning process and he's just too good an important for us to be sitting him.

No one is calling for him to be benched (well, not for more than a game or so anyway), but it sure does get frustrating. The K the last inning doesn't bother me, we know it's going to happen plenty with him, but the constant pickoffs are maddening.

No one is calling for him to be benched (well, not for more than a game or so anyway), but it sure does get frustrating. The K the last inning doesn't bother me, we know it's going to happen plenty with him, but the constant pickoffs are maddening.

You might not be but I'm sure there are plenty of fans who would do it in a heartbeat. Heck we have a poster on here that would rather have Scooter.

I would hate to pitch in this ball park.

Me too, but that wasn't a very good pitch to Cozart. Don't think the previous 2 were mistakes, though, but I think Davies is probably the most likely starter to disappoint this year. A higher strike zone isn't conducive to what he does at all.

I would hate to pitch in this ball park.

Me too, but that wasn't a very good pitch to Cozart. Don't think the previous 2 were mistakes, though, but I think Davies is probably the most likely starter to disappoint this year. A higher strike zone isn't conducive to what he does at all.

Agreed there but too often I see a flick of the wrists bounce off the wall or find the seats, even on Good located pitches.

Archived