Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-13: Brewers (Nelson) at Reds (Arroyo) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-1, sit at .500 for the first time since 4/15/2016]

hawing
Was going to say this before the Braun HR, but for some reason, probably because of the Aguilar hype, Thames' fast start is being overlooked. It shouldn't be. He's been everything we hoped for so far.

Well when you have a .500 BABIP...

Seriously though he has done pretty well so far. Hoping once he gets comfortable that HR power will start to show and get us all really excited.

Well there's one..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice to have a debate about 7-8 realistic SP options and not have to trot out the likes of Arroyo

You mean like Millone?

Well, yeah, thought of that as soon as I typed it, but they don't have to start Milone - it should be Jungmann or Lopez (not like they are young and still working their way up like Hader and Woodruff), and Guerra and Garza are injured. In reality, Milone should be their #9 starter.

Nice to have a debate about 7-8 realistic SP options and not have to trot out the likes of Arroyo

You mean like Millone?

Well, yeah, thought of that as soon as I typed it, but they don't have to start Milone - it should be Jungmann or Lopez (not like they are young and still working their way up like Hader and Woodruff), and Guerra and Garza are injured. In reality, Milone should be their #9 starter.

I'm with you there. I'd much rather see them cover with a young arm than Milone. If it were longer term I think they would be.

You mean like Millone?

I was going to say, we are basically trotting out a lefty Arroyo

Because of two starting rotation injuries and the refusal to call up top prospects.

I am so sick of every CS resulting in the player laying around and demanding a challenge. They should have to leave to game if the call is not reversed.

All he was doing was signaling to CC to take a look...no big deal.

I'm more disappointed that he tried to steal with Nelson trying to sacrifice......I mean let the pitcher try to move you up.....

I am so sick of every CS resulting in the player laying around and demanding a challenge. They should have to leave to game if the call is not reversed.

All he was doing was signaling to CC to take a look...no big deal.

I'm more disappointed that he tried to steal with Nelson trying to sacrifice......I mean let the pitcher try to move you up.....

It is a big deal because it is a waste of time and if you are a Reds fans you cant even be happy when he was thrown out. If they getting rid of the IBB to save a minute then this crap needs to end. They should let the players themselves call for the challenge and if it is not overturned they should have to leave the game.

It is a big deal because it is a waste of time and if you are a Reds fans you cant even be happy when he was thrown out.

If they getting rid of the IBB to save a minute then this crap needs to end. They should let the players themselves call for the challenge and if it is not overturned they should have to leave the game.

Oh no we upset 10 people.

And come on lets be serious here.

I don't think that anyone thinks that Nelson and Anderson are going to keep up what they've been doing, but if those guys can be sitting with an ERA around 3.00-3.50 in July that could create an interesting dilema of whether to keep them or trade them.

It is a big deal because it is a waste of time and if you are a Reds fans you cant even be happy when he was thrown out.

If they getting rid of the IBB to save a minute then this crap needs to end. They should let the players themselves call for the challenge and if it is not overturned they should have to leave the game.

Why is it not serious, everyone always says the point of instant replay is to overturn the obvious missed calls (which is a lie). So then prove it by actually having a consequence for not challenging things that were obviously wrong.

I don't think that anyone thinks that Nelson and Anderson are going to keep up what they've been doing, but if those guys can be sitting with an ERA around 3.00-3.50 in July that could create an interesting dilema of whether to keep them or trade them.

Will depend so much on how the team is looking at that point.

Why is it not serious, everyone always says the point of instant replay is to overturn the obvious missed calls (which is a lie). So then prove it by actually having a consequence for not challenging things that were obviously wrong.

Because if you hate instant reply that much just get rid of it.

Archived