Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-12: Brewers (Anderson) at Blue Jays (Stroman) 6:07 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-0, in just 2:14]

hawing
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And just like that, everyone loves Villar again! Lol
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Villar giveth & taketh away. Plenty of reasons to hope he keeps developing. I think he is great enough offensively that even if he can't be an every day IF he can have value as an OF
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Villar giveth & taketh away. Plenty of reasons to hope he keeps developing. I think he is great enough offensively that even if he can't be an every day IF he can have value as an OF

I just don't know if we have room for him as an outfielder, especially as one who won't likely be good defensively.

I think it's 2nd or bust for Villar. You could stick him at SS and his bat would play very well there, but it'd be tough to hide his glove.

Isan Diaz is probably the future at 2nd, but not until at least 2019.

Anyone know what channel the Bucks are on? I tried flipping to 669 and they're blocked out.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Anyone know what channel the Bucks are on? I tried flipping to 669 and they're blocked out.

It's 669 for me. They're beating the Celtics right now with their B squad.

Hmm, I must be getting blocked out for whatever reason.

Braun is hitting. 214? Felt like he had started the season a little hotter than that.

Homers will do that. Add at least two more hits that Arenado took away in the opener though.

Can Craig stop saying how awesome our bullpen is? No doubt he's jinxing them as I type this.

So is the rule now 100 pitches or 7 innings, whichever comes first?

Don't get why you pull Anderson at 89 pitches when he was cruising...

I would actually argue that getting up and down 8 times is worse than the 100 pitch total. I'm guessing that's what's crossing Counsell's mind early in this season.

Wow did Kirk smoke that ball. Not rewarded for it though.

I think part of pulling him is that the last two batters hit him pretty well and Counsel really didn't want to give him another round through the batting order. If a batter or two reaches in the 8th you have bautista and Donaldson up with a guy or two on base. I'm kind of on the fence about it though because this is two straight games using both closer and setup when you could have maybe rested Knebal.

I think it's 2nd or bust for Villar. You could stick him at SS and his bat would play very well there, but it'd be tough to hide his glove.

Jonathan Villar was servicable at SS and quite a player the way he hit last year. Right now he is struggling heavily with some of the different ways he has to turn DPs and throw in general at 2B that he didn't really do at SS. He racked up quite a few errors, but he had the range/arm to make up for a lot of it.

Winners again in Toronto! Fun stuff. On to Cincy where the Brewers need to establish dominance over them.

Archived