Brewer Fanatic

World Series Wisconsin (museum exhibit in Madison)

hawing

This was mentioned earlier this season, but I haven't been able to find the initial thread.

The Wisconsin Historical Museum (disclaimer - a division of my employer) in Madison is opening its World Series Wisconsin exhibit on Tuesday, July 17. It is due to feature artifacts related to the 1957 Braves and 1982 Brewers, as well as artifacts from County Stadium, photographs and fan memorabilia.

For those of you who can't visit Madison between July 17 and December 2, or anyone who's too curious to wait until Tuesday, check out this link for images of some of the items on display.

I know I've been looking forward to this exhibit for a while. Come justify my colleagues' hard work!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Hawing! Nice post! Obviously I'm pretty excited about it, given the exclamation points. Got my softball game tonight, then the AS game, but perhaps tomorrow will be the perfect day to check it out - rounding out my own personal all-star break.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/glasses.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I read the articles about this and the '57 & 82 teams in the WI Historical Society magazine that my uncle gave to me when I was up there last month. Very interesting stuff.

Wish I could see it all.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Oh, TLB, the exhibit opens next Tuesday (July 17). So don't go just yet.

Unless it's to check out some of the sweet World Series Wisconsin merchandise, which by now is probably at the museum store (with apologies for the shameless plug).

Pitchleague, I haven't seen that Wisconsin Magazine of History article yet, but I'm looking forward to it too.

Apparently the pregame coverage on Sunday 7/15 will include a (live) segment with Craig Coshun at the Wisconsin Historical Museum, promoting the exhibit.

So if you can't get to Madison, but have access to Brewers Live on FSN Wisconsin, there's a chance to see some of the exhibit on TV Sunday.

Archived