Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Monday 4/10 - Timber Rattlers TV Game Rained Out

Mass Haas
Just one of those nights for Biloxi I guess. Dubon and Ortega are consider well above average fielders who are known for glove. Defensively, the infield with both of them out there in the middle should be a strength. I don't expect to see games like this from the both of them very often.

Right, and we heard all winter how the Brewer defense would be tightened up with the move of Villar to 2B. Seeing is believing. Ability to make occasional great defensive plays doesn't make one a great defensive player if you don't make the routine plays virtually all the time. Ortega's .949 fielding percentage at SS does not say "above average defense" defense to me nor do his 116 career errors in under 500 games.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Just one of those nights for Biloxi I guess. Dubon and Ortega are consider well above average fielders who are known for glove. Defensively, the infield with both of them out there in the middle should be a strength. I don't expect to see games like this from the both of them very often.

Right, and we heard all winter how the Brewer defense would be tightened up with the move of Villar to 2B. Seeing is believing. Ability to make occasional great defensive plays doesn't make one a great defensive player if you don't make the routine plays virtually all the time. Ortega's .949 fielding percentage at SS does not say "above average defense" defense to me nor do his 116 career errors in under 500 games.

Derek Jeter's fielding % his first full year in A ball was .889. He had 131 errors in his first 454 minor league games.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived