Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-09: Cubs (Arrieta) at Brewers (Davies) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-4]

hawing
Villar is just plain not a good defensive second baseman right now. Just terrible. It doesn't mean he can't develop at the position but right now he is Yuni B bad....
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After watching Perez this opening week, I remember why he's not exactly my cup of tea.

Yep, I've never been sold on him. Useful backup which is what he's doing, but thankfully we got Shaw to start everyday at 3b with his bat in the lineup.

3 ABs for Perez 7pitches seen no hits with having a hitter's count each time. At least he worked 1st pitch balls.

Villar is just plain not a good defensive second baseman right now. Just terrible. It doesn't mean he can't develop at the position but right now he is Yuni B bad....

Did I miss something? I flipped over to the Master's for a second, what'd he do?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

After watching Perez this opening week, I remember why he's not exactly my cup of tea.

I think it's pretty clear that last year was his absolute ceiling and he likely won't come near it again. He's looking a lot more like the guy that was DFA'd than the solid utility player.

Why any pitcher throws him anything in the zone, I have no idea.

Did I miss something? I flipped over to the Master's for a second, what'd he do?

Threw a ball away for an error and extra base. Then took a high school route on a grounder up the middle.

Other than that, not much

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Threw a ball away for an error and extra base. Then took a high school route on a grounder up the middle.

Other than that, not much

Oh. Well that might be being a little hard on the guy. The play up the middle was a really tough play that he tried to make. Thames should've knocked the ball down and no harm would've been done. I feel that we might be being a bit too picky on Villar because he's an easy target.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I suppose. He reminds me of Yuni B honestly. It is a small sample but I have yet to see him make a flip to the Shortstop on a double play that wasn't too high.

Rickey Weeks started out pretty shaky at 2B too. Maybe he'll develop. But right now today he has gotta be the worst defensive 2B in MLB. Maybe Daniel Murphy is worse but I'm not convinced of that by a long shot.

That must've felt good for Santana. He's had some really good at bats to start the year, working walks and hitting the ball hard but just hasn't had the luck.

And Perez... Holy man, take a pitch. Nice flippin weak flare out to end this one.

Perez has not looked the same so far this year. I think Villar needs more time to get used to secnd base did make a nice play today.Davies did not look good the last two starts but Milione should not be in this rotation. The teams Strikeouts is a concern they need to get that fixed.the worst part was not losing to the cubs but to see the Cubs fans invade Miller Park that it sounded like a home game for the cubs. I could not believe all the fans that were in the first rows of miller park

Well at least they are spending money for MA. See it as we might be able to afford a good player in the future because of them.

What I saw of the last AB for Domingo, his face and body language looked lost, lacking any confidence....And then he cranked one. Really good to see. Confidence booster, salvaged AB in its finest. I also loved how Davies battled back after the initial blowups early on. Sure, we lost, and to a really good team. But, I liked some of the things I was seeing from guys. This set of Brewers is a team that is going to take time to come together and play well this year. I think that come late summer they are going to start to give us a taste of what is to come. This is exciting.

Archived