Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-09: Cubs (Arrieta) at Brewers (Davies) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-4]

hawing
Davies locked in.

Still gotta pull him now, I think. He's at 92 pitches and his spot is due up.

I would've waited to see if Bandy got on before pulling him. If he didn't, and just just flew out, I would put up Davies and tried to get another inning out of Davies and saved on the pen.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that was at least a few inches off the plate. Stupid umpire.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Davies locked in.

Still gotta pull him now, I think. He's at 92 pitches and his spot is due up.

I would've waited to see if Bandy got on before pulling him. If he didn't, and just just flew out, I would put up Davies and tried to get another inning out of Davies and saved on the pen.

I respect that point of view, in a vacuum, but not this early in the season and not with a guy who could be such a big part of the future.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Villar just can't continue to strike out at the rate he is right now. Put the damn ball in play here and there and use those legs.

I respect that point of view, in a vacuum, but not this early in the season and not with a guy who could be such a big part of the future.

Maybe I'm stubborn, or even a bit stupid, but I just hate this 100 pitch junk. I get it at the younger level but to me it is such a cop out for managers. Go on the feel of the game, what a pitcher is telling you, etc...

Captain K is 2nd on the team in K's despite being 10th in ABs. 8 Ks in 13 ABs, yikes. Didn't look a good call on that one though.

While this can't continue, that last K was not on him. That ball was at least 3-4 inches off the plate.

The Cubs are far better giving Arrieta that bloated contract 6/150 Id guess maybe 5/150 than to hope on the minor League pitchers. No way does Arrieta sign for 4 years or less unless youre paying him 40mil for a year or two each year.

So heres a question. In a year or two the Brewers and Cubs face eachotherin the Playoffs. What is the Cub aattendance at MP for the road games?

Captain K is 2nd on the team in K's despite being 10th in ABs. 8 Ks in 13 ABs, yikes. Didn't look a good call on that one though.

While this can't continue, that last K was not on him. That ball was at least 3-4 inches off the plate.

I'm beating a dead horse here, but I wish they would just turn the damn strike zone over to the machines already.

They have the technology for it, but for some reason MLB gets a warm fuzzy from seeing middle aged men subjectively make a judgement call on each and every pitch.

That strike 3 from Torres was outside too.

So heres a question. In a year or two the Brewers and Cubs face eachotherin the Playoffs. What is the Cub aattendance at MP for the road games?

Well one would hope that if the Brewers find themselves competing and in the playoffs again that their fans would get off their butts and get to the stadium. That being said, they are just so close together and there are tons of Cubs fans. I guess if this happens, we'll see how much pride Wisconsin people have in the Brewers.

I'm beating a dead horse here, but I wish they would just turn the damn strike zone over to the machines already.

They have the technology for it, but for some reason MLB gets a warm fuzzy from seeing middle aged men subjectively make a judgement call on each and every pitch.

That strike 3 from Torres was outside too.

There are at least a handful of this crap each and every game. I totally agree with you that the MLB has the technology and the money to do it. Just implementing it in the game is the next step.

When I watch Thames, I feel like I'm watching Mr. T play baseball. It's flippin awesome.

The Cubs are far better giving Arrieta that bloated contract 6/150 Id guess maybe 5/150 than to hope on the minor League pitchers. No way does Arrieta sign for 4 years or less unless youre paying him 40mil for a year or two each year.

Too much, but better than it is now, maybe like a 50/50 split. You're not going to be able to keep them out, but I would certainly hope that in a Brewer/Cub playoff series, the organization and fans would be actively doing everything they could to ensure that as many Brewer fans as possible are at Miller Park for the home games.

I have to wonder how much that C flap affects the vision coming in of Villar and Broxton. Not that its still not worth hsving of course.

They mentioned in the broadcast, friday i think it was, that some players like if after they adjusted to having it, they liked it because it gave them a tunnel vision like effect.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

If Braun stays healthy and keeps hitting like Ryan Braun, the Brewers will be getting plenty of offers for him at the deadline.

And Braun will be able to reject all of them which is why he should've been moved this winter.

If Braun stays healthy and keeps hitting like Ryan Braun, the Brewers will be getting plenty of offers for him at the deadline.

And Braun will be able to reject all of them which is why he should've been moved this winter.

True. But you just don't know where Ryan might accept a trade to either. Taking an offer, just to take one, might not be the best thing to do.

After watching Perez this opening week, I remember why he's not exactly my cup of tea.

Archived