Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-09: Cubs (Arrieta) at Brewers (Davies) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-4]

hawing

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see David Goforth is back yet again. Have we really not had enough of him yet?

It is getting old with some of these guys who even by the minor league numbers, they do warrant a call up.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I wonder how much of our payroll that Cub fans are directly responsible for. Conservatively figure 20,000 at each home game x 10 home games, each one spending an average of 50 bucks or so (Miller Park average is 40, but these are marquee prices), equals 10 million in revenue per season, lol.

Won't happen but imagine using extra money this off-season to sign Arrieta away from them, then crediting it to all that extra revenue from marquee games. :laughing

Would be like Cub fans paid for Arrieta to go to the Brewers.

Today's game was supposed to be on wgn. Instead I see they have a Cops marathon.

Do they even carry Cubs games anymore? That was the only worthwhile reason to even have that channel back in the day.

Aren't you better off there turning 2 and conceding the run?

I'm not watching so I don't know if it was an option or not. Uek made it sound like a comebacker right to Zach which presumably could have been a double play ball.

Aren't you better off there turning 2 and conceding the run?

I'm not watching so I don't know if it was an option or not. Uek made it sound like a comebacker right to Zach which presumably could have been a double play ball.

Nah it was hit too slow. Zach had to run up toward the plate to field it.

2-0 already. Ready to turn this one off, I don't know if I'm ready to watch the Brewers' bullpen pitch 5+ innings again.

Whoops, better make that 4-0.

Davies might find himself the odd mad out of this rotation if he isn't careful. He wasn't good to end last season and he's been downright awful to start this one.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If this ump doesn't call that low strike for Davies, it could be a rough outing.

That's the issue with Davies. If he isn't getting that call like the 3rd strike to Arrietta, he isn't going to win many games.

This is April. Some pitchers just don't have it yet. I still expect Davies to be the guy he was last year. April is the least projectable month.

Agreed. But what gives us, well some of us, concern is that he was terrible to end last season as well. Did people just figure him out? Because he doesn't have the "stuff" to blow by guys.

If this ump doesn't call that low strike for Davies, it could be a rough outing.

That's the issue with Davies. If he isn't getting that call like the 3rd strike to Arrietta, he isn't going to win many games.

Going to be a big problem with him then having a higher strike zone this season.

Well, good thing the Masters is on today? Maybe I'll take a walk or something. This is a joke.

Archived