Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-08: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Milone) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 11-6]

hawing
Where have the last two pitches from Suter missed? Ball 4 and then strike 1 to Contreras. Good grief.

Last year they're probably called strikes. I think it's hilarious that MLB actually thought taking away the low strike would speed up the game. Who is the genius that came up with that one?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick Ramirez with a win in Biloxi. Pitched a third of an inning.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I can't wait until we don't have to run out guys like Milone to start the game and bullpen arms that are replacement level players.

Just painful to watch these guys.....

Don't even good teams have these guys? The Cubs trotted out that Anderson guy last night and I don't think much of him.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Suter is a trash can. Only reason he is here is because we aren't good. Sorry Clancy.

I didn't want to say it in the prospect ranking thread and interfere with it with commentary , but if Suter is our #1 prospect, the franchise is in a heap of trouble.

11-4 is about exactly the score I expected to see today.

Echoing what someone said before, I just can't wait until some of the pitchers in our system get up here and we no longer need to see guys like Tommy Milone.

Yeah, you knew Bandy's HR was gone as soon as he hit that. Wow, that sounded great.

Both he and Pina have made good impressions in week one. Good to see.

The Crew put up 6 runs again. The offense on this team is impressive, and presumably will be improved by some combination of Brinson/Diaz/Dubon/Phillips/Ray etc at some point. It all comes down to developing/finding pitching

Great to see Franklin's HR tonight

*edited - meant to say developing/finding pitching

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Suter already optioned back to AAA.

Thank the lord.

Yeah.. glad that is over with for now.

I just can't see how if we took him off the 40 that another team would take home from us. He throws 86-88 and isn't very crafty.

Suter already optioned back to AAA.

Thank the lord.

Yeah.. glad that is over with for now

I just can't see how if we took him off the 40 that another team would take home from us. He throws 86-88 and isn't very crafty.

We kept him and let Miguel Diaz go to SD :(

It's somewhat normal I guess to have some dead weight on the 40 but I could see all of Milone, Goforth, Suter, Jungmann, Rivera, Houser, Garza, Cravy Marinez, and Reed all having a chance to clear waivers if they were dumped today. That's 25% of our 40 man even assuming guys like Nieuwenhuis and Franklin would get claimed.

I really think Villar is a corner outfielder. They are attempting to put a square peg in a round hole.

Way to early to judge that. He played better at SS than he is now at 2B. He might just be a slow learner. Early signs not great though.

Archived