Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-08: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Milone) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 11-6]

hawing

Why in the world again is a rebulding club like the Brewers going with an awful veteran stopgap #5 starter instead of auditioning s young guy?

While it would've been nice to see a Jorge Lopez get a start, I'm sure Garza being off the DL by his next start is a big reason why Milone was chosen.

I'd rather not see him either, but that's a separate issue.

Still, he's not starting again until April 22nd which would have given Lopez 3 starts to get his feet wet here.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe you keep Broxton sitting since you're facing Hendriks who was 3rd in Cy Young last year, and our #6 is on the mound. You can't ask for much worse a matchup

So sit a guy because a pitcher is tough? Should we just forfeit if we face Kershaw or Syndergaard this year?

Maybe you keep Broxton sitting since you're facing Hendriks who was 3rd in Cy Young last year, and our #6 is on the mound. You can't ask for much worse a matchup

Uh, not like Kirk is a great matchup for him, either. Anyway, that's a moot point either way. This is a developmental year to see who is a part of your future. If you're platooning Broxton, you're wasting your time.

The point made earlier is that with Broxton's glove in CF we're probably not losing at the moment.

So sit a guy because a pitcher is tough? Should we just forfeit if we face Kershaw or Syndergaard this year?

If Kershaw or Syndergaard were on the Mound vs Milone as the opposing pitcher yes you do. This is a player with a fractured nose, Let him sit a game longer to heal. This is different that someone who is 100% healthy.

If Kershaw or Syndergaard were on the Mound vs Milone as the opposing pitcher yes you do. This is a player with a fractured nose, Let him sit a game longer to heal. This is different that someone who is 100% healthy.

How is a fractured nose going to affect his performance? Seems like solely a pain tolerance issue.

Wasting your breathe. There's some here that think the bigger picture is putting him out there 162 games no matter what. Even him taking one off the nose two days ago is not enough of a reason for Kirk to play against a tough righty with your worst pitcher on the hill.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

How is a fractured nose going to affect his performance? Seems like solely a pain tolerance issue.

You've got to be kidding me.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Malone needs to call up Randy Wolf and learn that slow looping curveball. Might help him.

Can't give up a hit to the pitcher and a walk to the 9-hole and not get hurt.

It's called protecting your future investment. What is a game that is likely a predicted 8-2 Outcome really mean in the career for Broxton who says he's good to go, but let him stand in the batter's box and have some high heaters buzz the tower less than 48hours later. He did play last night a few innings. Just not overly cooked about this for 1game where the outcome was probably 95% Cubs win w/o Broxton and 90% win with Broxton playing.

You're embellishing more than a little bit. No one has ever said he should play 162 games. He should not, however, be starting half of them.

I will bet you a million dollars that he will not start half of the games this season. No who's embellishing.

And Kirk to the rescue!

I was actually asking, medically, not really understanding the prognosis of an injury, how it would affect him on the field beyond just being a pain tolerance issue. How about providing an actual answer rather than just going back to the good old condescending tone?

I'd buy the let him rest if Counsell didn't play him last night.

You mean when he watched strike three and I don't think the bat left his shoulder? It was an extra inning game. Had to go to him and I'm sure it was a reluctant move.

You're embellishing more than a little bit. No one has ever said he should play 162 games. He should not, however, be starting half of them.

I will bet you a million dollars that he will not start half of the games this season. No who's embellishing.

And Kirk to the rescue!

You are. There's no way you have a million dollars to bet.

I was actually asking, medically, not really understanding the prognosis of an injury, how it would affect him on the field beyond just being a pain tolerance issue. How about providing an actual answer rather than just going back to the good old condescending tone?

It's just too silly man. You can't think of why a fracture nose, that came with a lot of swelling might affect you being able to hit a baseball? Your hatred for Kirk blinds you to the silliness.

And Kirk to the rescue!

You are. There's no way you have a million dollars to bet.

Why not? You have no idea who I am. Just love calling you out on the silliness.

Ok, seen enough of Franklin. Next!

;)

Archived