Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-08: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Milone) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 11-6]

hawing

Here's our first full-game taste of life without Guerra in the rotation.

Visitors (no matter what the seating bowl suggests)

LF Kyle Schwarber (L)

3B Kris Bryant ®

1B Anthony Rizzo (L)

RF Ben Zobrist (S)

SS Addison Russell ®

C Willson Contreras ®

2B Javier Baez ®

RHP Kyle Hendricks ®

CF Albert Almora ®

Actual Home Team

2B Jonathan Villar (S)

RF Eric Thames (L)

3B Travis Shaw (L)

1B Jesus Aguilar ®

CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis (L)

LF Nick Franklin (S)

C Jett Bandy ®

SS Orlando Arcia ®

LHP Tommy Milone (L)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/brewers-ryan-braun-out-with-back-tightness/

Braun was scratched from Saturday's contest with the Cubs due to back tightness.

The 33-year-old was originally on the lineup card for Saturday, but Nick Franklin will now get his first start as a Brewer in right field for Braun. It doesn't appear to be anything overly serious, but consider him day-to-day until the Brewers update his status.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Ugh Braun being scratched with back issues this early in the season could be a killer. Hope we didn't miss our window to move him.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Jumped on em early. This would be a fun win to get.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Was totally assuming the ball Baez hit was headed for the corner. Maybe a relatively routine play, but I have so little faith in Brewers defense to regularly.. play defense.. that I cringe every time a ball is hit hard in the infield.

''Braun out with back tightness. "

5 games. That's how long it took. Will be probably seeing a lot of this during the course of the season.

Actually 2 games. Counsell said its been bothering him since wednesday.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I get him still being out after the beaning the other day, but with Broxton's range good chance he makes that play.

At least I assume that's why he's out. It had better not be just for another day off.

I get him still being out after the beaning the other day, but with Broxton's range good chance he makes that play.

At least I assume that's why he's out. It had better not be just for another day off.

Broxton catches that easily.

Ah, now here's the Tommy Milone I expected.

Yep.

And that's why it's rough having an infielder play in the outfield.

Don't understand why Keon is out yet again unless he had some kind of setback which is kind of hard to imagine with this injury. But why would he go into the game in extras last night and need to sit again today?

Why in the world again is a rebulding club like the Brewers going with an awful veteran stopgap #5 starter instead of auditioning s young guy?

Why in the world again is a rebulding club like the Brewers going with an awful veteran stopgap #5 starter instead of auditioning s young guy?

While it would've been nice to see a Jorge Lopez get a start, I'm sure Garza being off the DL by his next start is a big reason why Milone was chosen.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived