Brewer Fanatic

2017 Minor League Transaction Thread

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

From the Transaction thread --

An example of why we shouldn't dismiss "older" Latin signings -- when inked in May of 2015, Wuilder Rodriguez was already 22 years, four months old. Now, two years later, he's in AA.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

LHP Andy Oliver activated from the Temporary Inactive List at Colorado Springs.

When Paulo Espino officially arrives after his option, the Sky Sox will need to make another move, most likely a pitcher to maintain a 13-man pitching staff, rather than 14.

All of a sudden our AAA pitching depth is depleted. CS is down to 9 pitchers, although Espino or Suter will likely be returned after the doubleheader today. Still, glad we did not release 3-4 ML relievers as some had hoped, otherwise we would be really short staffed.

They currently have 21 players on the AAA roster. I would expect Wilkerson and a couple other AA pitchers to be getting the call to AAA soon. Maybe Derby, Snow, Ventura, or Ramsey?

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Via Chris Mehring's Rattler radio blog --

Prior to Wednesday's Wisconsin doubleheader, Monte Harrison has been placed on the suspended list to serve his three-game suspension for the bench-clearing incident in Peoria on June 1. Also, Mario Feliciano has been transferred to Helena and catcher A.J. Murray has been added to the Wisconsin roster.

Murray, a 24-year-old RH bat, was released by the Twins last month and signed by the Brewers June 5th. As you can see at the link above, he was drafted out of Georgia Tech in the 14th round in 2015.

It will be interesting to learn if Feliciano is actually pending to play for the Helena Brewers at this time (could have been the plan all along), or if this is just a brief stay on the Helena "paper" roster (Wisconsin taxi squad).

We have an inquiry in, kind of got burned on an assumption last time with Gilbert Lara :embarrassed.

UPDATE: Just the paper roster for Feliciano, in fact, he is now slated to start the Midwest League All-Star Game now that St. Louis' (Peoria) catcher Andrew Knizner was promoted to AA.

I'm confused... Super Mario has been 2nd best and most consistent bat in Wisconsin. Not out matched in the slightest as his K% is around 14%. Not sure I understand why you'd send him down to play in Helena when he has prove he ready. Hopefully just a paper move.

Unless Harrison is going straight to Wisconsin to Catch, we have giant hole there offensively with no real prospects catching.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Brewer Fanatic Staff
I'm confused... Super Mario has been 2nd best and most consistent bat in Wisconsin. Not out matched in the slightest as his K% is around 14%. Not sure I understand why you'd send him down to play in Helena when he has prove he ready. Hopefully just a paper move.

Thought my post, copied again below, was pretty clear:

UPDATE: Just the paper roster for Feliciano, in fact, he is now slated to start the Midwest League All-Star Game now that St. Louis' (Peoria) catcher Andrew Knizner was promoted to AA.

Thought my post, copied again below, was pretty clear:

Must have missed it. Figured it had to be paper move. It would make no sense otherwise. He is a talent young man!

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Brewer Fanatic Staff

By the way, these are all paper roster "taxi squad"-related moves. All these players physically remain with the Rattlers. - MH

Wisconsin Media Notes -

TRANSACTIONS: The Rattlers have made roster moves before tonight’s doubleheader. Pitchers Braden Webb and Cameron Roegner have been transferred from Wisconsin to Helena. Pitchers Aaron Myers and Andrew Vernon have been transferred from Helena to Wisconsin. Additionally, outfielder Monte Harrison will come off the suspended list between games of Thursday's doubleheader and will be eligible to play in game two.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

LSU-Shreveport pitcher signs with Brewers

http://www.lsusathletics.com/images/2016-17/Robledo_Brewers.jpg

Former LSUS left-hander Trey Robledo inked a free-agent contract with Milwaukee Brewers Wednesday to begin his professional career.

Robledo will report to the Arizona League Brewers – the Rookie affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers. The team participates in the Central Division in Phoenix, Arizona.

“I can’t thank coach Brent Lavallee enough for helping me get the exposure and I can’t give enough thanks to the big man up above and the Brewers organization for allowing me to have this opportunity,” said Robledo who was told by the local Brewers scout Mark Muzzi to keep his phone by him during the draft.

Unfortunately for Robledo and Muzzi, the Brewers never made a call to him during the Major League Baseball First Year Player Draft earlier this week but the Fredereicksburg, Texas, native, finally got the call from the Brewers offering him a free-agent contract.

“It’s wonderful to see that Trey is going to get the chance to pitch professionally,” Lavallee said. “He is very unique on the mound and I think there could be a good chance that he climbs the minor league ladder quickly. Personally, Trey has been one of the most consistent student-athletes that we have had come through this program. When he got to LSUS he made a commitment to his schoolwork, his body, and his arm which allowed him to improve in all areas. He is the ultimate teammate and we are all so very proud of him. We look forward to tracking his progress and we will all be following his path.”

Robledo becomes the fifth LSUS player to sign a free-agent contract with a Major League club and adds to the streak of three straight seasons where a former Pilot inked a pro deal to play affiliated ball. Jared West was drafted by the Seattle Mariners in 2015, Kevin Williams signed with the Tampa Bay Rays in 2016 and now Robledo begins his journey with the Brewers.

College Player Profile Page

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Biloxi Press Release --

C Natanael Mejia transferred to Biloxi from the Rookie-Helena roster

Mejia, 24, has been activated to the Shuckers roster to serve as an additional catcher. This will be the San Pedro de Macoris, DR native’s third stint on the Biloxi active roster this season. Mejia is 0-for-1 at the plate this season. Mejia joins the catching duo of Dustin Houle and Jacob Nottingham who lead the league by catching 43.5% of opposing base stealers this season.

The addition of Mejia places 24 players on the Shuckers active roster.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Career stats at the link --

McInerney Signs with Milwaukee Brewers

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- Illinois graduate Pat McInerney signed a professional contract with the Milwaukee Brewers Thursday. He will join 10 other former Illini in affiliated ball this summer.

McInerney hit .309 with 15 home runs and 44 RBIs in 2017 during his senior campaign. He was second in the Big Ten in home runs to earn All-Big Ten second team honors.

"Pat was unbelievable this year," said head coach Dan Hartleb. "On the field he continued to make strides and was an offensive force for us in the No. 3-hole all year. The power that he has and the versatility that he has to play the outfield or first base brings a lot to the table. I'm looking forward to him moving on to the next level and having a success pro career."

McInerney's 15 homers were a career-best and puts him tied for ninth all-time in a single season by an Illini. He finished his four-year career with a .291 batting average, .473 slugging percentage, 31 doubles, 28 home runs and 110 RBIs in 178 games and 168 starts.

McInerney also excelled off the field at Illinois, both in the classroom and in leadership capacities. He was an Academic All-District selection and three-time Academic All-Big Ten honoree.

"The thing that impresses me most about Pat is his leadership and who he is as a person," said Hartleb. "He was a great student-athlete. He did a great job in the classroom and what he meant to this young team made him one of the greatest leaders we've ever had here."

McInerney has not yet been placed with a minor league club.

From April in "the Daily Illini"

With no captains, McInerney just leads

Stephen Cohn, Staff writer

Archived