Brewer Fanatic

2017 Minor League Transaction Thread

Brewer Fanatic Staff

All the 2016-2017 Offseason Transactions were detailed in this thread.

Today the four full-season affiliates need to get down to 25-man active roster status.

We'll work on finding out about several farmhands who would normally be on a full-season team but aren't listed at all currently. We'll probably learn of some injuries or perhaps releases (hopefully minimal) at some point.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RHPs Tyler Spurlin and Angel Ventura, and C Natanael Mejia have all been assigned to Helena off of the Biloxi roster in order to get that roster down to the 25-man limit. Ventura has been listed as the Shuckers' 5th starter, so he'll be "back from Helena" by next Monday.

RHPs Adrian Houser and Jorge Ortega have been placed on the Shuckers' DL.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
RHPs Tyler Spurlin and Angel Ventura, and C Natanael Mejia have all been assigned to Helena off of the Biloxi roster in order to get that roster down to the 25-man limit. Ventura has been listed as the Shuckers' 5th starter, so he'll be "back from Helena" by next Monday.

If you're wondering, Travelocity tells us that a one-way trip from Biloxi to Helena can be had for about $1,025, involving three flights and just over 12 hours of travel time ;).

Brewer Fanatic Staff

This has a chance to be a nice feel-good story.

Brewers have signed Janesville-born undrafted catcher Charlie Meyer, who played college ball at the University of Wisconsin-Stout.

The right-handed bat Meyer turned 24 last January, for now he's in extended spring training, assigned to the Maryvale roster.

Best we can tell, Meyer completed his college career in 2015 and did not play in 2016.

Hopefully we get the backstory behind the signing.

Dalton Brown transferred onto the Wisconsin active roster from Helena prior to today's game. Zack Brown taken off of the Wisconsin roster.

Not able to listen into the game today so I hope this is just a standard "Helena move" to temporarily get an extra arm on the roster.

Wisconsin's Brown pitching roster count remains at two.

Dalton Brown transferred onto the Wisconsin active roster from Helena prior to today's game. Zack Brown taken off of the Wisconsin roster.

Not able to listen into the game today so I hope this is just a standard "Helena move" to temporarily get an extra arm on the roster.

Wisconsin's Brown pitching roster count remains at two.

Dalton did not look very promising yesterday, but then again, none of the WI pitchers fared very well in that 11-18 pounding... Ugly game defensively and the pitching was pretty bad.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewers have signed Janesville-born undrafted catcher Charlie Meyer, who played college ball at the University of Wisconsin-Stout.

Via the Brewers PD Twitter account, the Brewers have also signed catcher Kevin Martir, and assigned him to extended spring training. Martir was an 18th round pick of the Astros in 2015, so perhaps Stearns was familiar with him. He was released by the Astros during the last week of March.

Per Brewers PD, Gabriel Noriega has been Helena'd off of the Sky Sox roster. With the arrival of Archer and Blazek, a spot needed to be opened up and the Brewers decided Noriega, one of five utility-types on the roster, would be the guy to go. The Sky Sox are now back at the customary 13 pitcher/12 position player setup the Brewers usually use in the minors.

And Deymar Alvarado, a 19 year old right handed pitcher from Panama, has been released. He pitched in the DSL each of the past two seasons.

does anyone know if josh uhen got hurt at the end of spring training?...when i was down in az this spring i asked a few coaches about him and they all had very good things to say about him...i cant find any link to him ....i would rather he be with the shuckers instead of snow or the skysox instead of kolchien...or how ever u spell his name

Brewer Fanatic Staff
does anyone know if josh uhen got hurt at the end of spring training?...when i was down in az this spring i asked a few coaches about him and they all had very good things to say about him...i cant find any link to him

I've inquired about Uhen and LHP Andy Oliver, who I believe are the only two players officially in "where are they?" status now that Baseball America posted the official disabled lists at the full-season affiliates today. I hope to have an answer on them soon.

DL's:

Colorado Springs (AAA): RHP Yhonathan Barrios | LHP Sean Nolin

Biloxi (AA): RHP Adrian Houser | RHP Jorge Ortega

Wisconsin (Lo A): RHP Josh Pennington | 2B Fidel Pena

Between Diplan's sudden start, Zack Brown's sudden departure, and Drossner's DLing, wonder if Pennington or Kirby get activated soon for Wisconsin.

Drossner was talking to a guy sitting next to me last night at the T-Rats game, and it sounded like he will only miss one start. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Pennington and/or Kirby activated since Diplan had a rough night.

Archived