Brewer Fanatic

Early season stats

DHonks

Gotta love early season stats when a good/bad game can lead to a huge swing.

My favorite stat so far is that 6 Brewers have drawn a walk, with 3 of them already having two walks

Second favorite is seeing the lefty homers today.

My least favorite is that the Brewers have only won one game, while losing three :-(

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Verified Member
My least favorite is that the Brewers have only won one game, while losing three :-(

I guarantee we will vastly improve upon our .250 winning percentage...

Unfortunately, the next time we will be within 2 games of .500 and only 1.5 games back from 1st place will likely be opening day 2018.

While we were a bit sloppy in the first series, there are some positives:

1) After Guerra's injury and Davies' short start, Peralta and Anderson both stepped up and pitched well. Both of these guys could be solid contributors to the Brewers for a few years, or could be traded if the prospects force them out. Peralta has the tools to be at the top of the rotation, while Anderson can be a solid middle-of-the rotation arm. If they can pitch well this season, then we could stick around .500 this year.

2) Our new "corners" looked good. Shaw and Thames both come into the season with question marks attached to them, and hit the ground running. Both of these guys have the potential to be good MLB players at positions where the Brewers have had need for a while.

3) Braun is still Braun. It may have been in the best long-term interest of the franchise to have been able to trade him for a good haul, but if we're going to be "stuck" with someone, Braun's not a bad guy to be "stuck" with.

4) Our catchers look capable. After trading away a star in Lucroy, we could have been sitting with a black hole at catcher for years. Thankfully, it looks like we have some guys who can at least hold their own at the position at the MLB level.

5) To me, Arcia looks more confident at the plate. The Brewers brought him up early, stating that they thought that would be the best thing for his continued growth. Hopefully with some experience under his belt he can take the next step in his development.

6) The bullpen was worked hard, but some guys showed that while young, there is talent in the 'pen.

It's only a few games in and a lot can change. These are just a few things that I thought were bright spots in a disappointing series.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

• 2 weeks later...

How about this one. In 18 games, the Brewers have led in every one of them, besides 4/9 against the Cubs and 4/6 against the Rockies.

Of course the flip side of that is that we've already blown leads in 8 games and it's April 21st. 9 if we don't come back from our current 6-2 deficit tonight.

Archived