Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-05: Rockies (Chatwood) at Brewers (Peralta) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-1, avoid dreaded 0-162 campaign]

hawing
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disagree. Try listening to other local broadcast teams. Announcers are always a matter of taste, I like both BA and rock.

I've listened to others. I like a lot more than BA. There's some I don't like. Anderson is such a nationally touted guy but his picture is in the dictionary next to the word vanilla. I look forward to the day when he finally becomes too big for Milwaukee and he moves on. Hopefully taking Rock with him.

Where was the cameraman covering second on perezs hit? [sarcasm]First villarnow the cameraman, this team cant do anything right![/sarcasm]
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Disagree. Try listening to other local broadcast teams. Announcers are always a matter of taste, I like both BA and rock.

I've listened to others. I like a lot more than BA. There's some I don't like. Anderson is such a nationally touted guy but his picture is in the dictionary next to the word vanilla. I look forward to the day when he finally becomes too big for Milwaukee and he moves on. Hopefully taking Rock with him.

No you don't. No you definitely do not. Do you know who is next on the depth chart?

No you don't. No you definitely do not. Do you know who is next on the depth chart?

It's not Augie, Davey, or Cashun if that's what you're getting at. I'd assume Dillard's the next up.

If the alternative is Daron Sutton, I'll take BA every.single.time.

If the alternative is Daron Sutton, I'll take BA every.single.time.

I could go either way on that. Daron could at least be entertaining sometimes.

It's not Augie, Davey, or Cashun if that's what you're getting at. I'd assume Dillard's the next up.

As in Tim Dillard? That would be awesome!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I absolutely love BA and Rock. When I had MLB.tv I would listen to a lot of away broadcasts and I was stunned at how bad most of them were. We have it really good.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I absolutely love BA and Rock. When I had MLB.tv I would listen to a lot of away broadcasts and I was stunned at how bad most of them were. We have it really good.

Agreed there are some disasters out there. Most of them former players who got the gig for that reason only.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
GO Brewers
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

BA is the best TV play by play guy we've had with the possible exeption of Matt Vasgersian.

Hope he never leaves Milwaukee.

I'm not being combative, but why? What does he do that you like?

For me? I think they play off each other very well. Good overall knowledge about players, rules of the game, strategy. And nice balance between game talk and general nonsense and fun banter.

Plus, they walk the line of being homers about perfectly for me.

BA is the best TV play by play guy we've had with the possible exeption of Matt Vasgersian.

It's what he doesn't do. He's not completely fake like Sutton was, of the announcers I've listened to on MLBtv he's probably the most objective about the team yet still maintaining obvious allegiance to the Brewers.

For what he does do, I think he and Bill have pretty good chemistry, and I can usually tone out most of the stuff I know is repetitive and just pick up on them when they're joking with each other.

A lot of the things people find annoying about announcers - in any sport - have been things I can just stop listening to since I know it's just recycled garbage or the same analysis we've heard over and over again knowing that every broadcast team everywhere does that and it's the nature of broadcasting, especially baseball where you have a lot of dead-space to fill with some sort of banter.

For me? I think they play off each other very well. Good overall knowledge about players, rules of the game, strategy. And nice balance between game talk and general nonsense and fun banter.

Plus, they walk the line of being homers about perfectly for me.

BA is the exact opposite of a homer. Like I said in my post that started all this, he spends a good deal of time talking about how awesome the other team is. Sure, you need to talk about your opponents strengths but he's been talking about the Rockies like they're the greatest offense in the history of baseball.

Villar hits that one for the haters.

Offense has been fun so far this season.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It's what he doesn't do. He's not completely fake like Sutton was, of the announcers I've listened to on MLBtv he's probably the most objective about the team yet still maintaining obvious allegiance to the Brewers.

For what he does do, I think he and Bill have pretty good chemistry, and I can usually tone out most of the stuff I know is repetitive and just pick up on them when they're joking with each other.

A lot of the things people find annoying about announcers - in any sport - have been things I can just stop listening to since I know it's just recycled garbage or the same analysis we've heard over and over again knowing that every broadcast team everywhere does that and it's the nature of broadcasting, especially baseball where you have a lot of dead-space to fill with some sort of banter.

I think this sums it up pretty well.

To be succinct .....he is a pro.

Ps. I'm enjoying tonight's game much more then the first 2.....

Bold prediction- Taylor Jungmann gets our first win.

Oh so close. :laughing

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

BA is the exact opposite of a homer. Like I said in my post that started all this, he spends a good deal of time talking about how awesome the other team is. Sure, you need to talk about your opponents strengths but he's been talking about the Rockies like they're the greatest offense in the history of baseball.

The reason you like other announcers is probably because you haven't watched them 162 times a year for the past decade. Watch any other announcer for 1,000 games and they will annoy you with certain things.

Archived