Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-05: Rockies (Chatwood) at Brewers (Peralta) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-1, avoid dreaded 0-162 campaign]

hawing
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My buddy at work who is a die hard Sox fan said wait until July and you won't want Shaw anymore. I don't know, he looks pretty good to me. I guess we will find out.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I really like the T-Mobile commercial with Harper in the National's "onesie pajamas"....."That's how he wakes up! Perfectly quafed!"

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Oh Reynolds...you are not missed.

I was somewhat shocked to see him still starting for a team. And then he tore the cover off the ball against us.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Broxton looked totally lost in his two starts. I was thinking they might rest him a day to get his head together. Keep in mind we only have 2 days off in April. This isn't a normal stretch of games.

I know this will get the angry crowd to appear....I'd love to bring in Chad Moeller to help some of our young pitchers. Thinking back to 2004 when Sheets had his breakout year (and arguably should have won the Cy Young), that's when Sheets scrapped his 2-seamer and started throwing his 4-seamer, resulting in a jump in velocity of 5-6 mph. Moeller and Mike Maddux were huge advocates of the high fastball. Sheets' curve became much better, because hitters then started swinging through high heaters. When they started respecting high heaters, his curve became a true strikeout pitch. What I'm getting at is Maddux-Sheets-Moeller became experts at using all areas of the zone. Wily Peralta tonight has had some outstanding high heaters, but they appear more of accidents. Given that he's basically a 2-pitch pitcher like Sheets, I think he could benefit utilizing the entire zone more than just trying to work the bottom 1/3. Everything in baseball has become "work down" or "down and away".

I know this will get the angry crowd to appear....I'd love to bring in Chad Moeller to help some of our young pitchers. Thinking back to 2004 when Sheets had his breakout year (and arguably should have won the Cy Young), that's when Sheets scrapped his 2-seamer and started throwing his 4-seamer, resulting in a jump in velocity of 5-6 mph. Moeller and Mike Maddux were huge advocates of the high fastball. Sheets' curve became much better, because hitters then started swinging through high heaters. When they started respecting high heaters, his curve became a true strikeout pitch. What I'm getting at is Maddux-Sheets-Moeller became experts at using all areas of the zone. Wily Peralta tonight has had some outstanding high heaters, but they appear more of accidents. Given that he's basically a 2-pitch pitcher like Sheets, I think he could benefit utilizing the entire zone more than just trying to work the bottom 1/3. Everything in baseball has become "work down" or "down and away".

Not sure why this would bring out an angry crowd. It's not like Moeller will play, but if he can bring some good advice I don't see why it would hurt. Can you only have so many coaches in MLB? I learn this, then forget, then someone tells me and I forget it again.

I don't know what's been more frustrating in this series: the Brewers blowing games or listening to Brian Anderson go on and on about how awesome the Rockies are.

Manny Pena Manny Pena Manny Pena Manny Pena. How can one freaking letter in a 4 letter name trip you up so badly?

I don't know what's been more frustrating in this series: the Brewers blowing games or listening to Brian Anderson go on and on about how awesome the Rockies are.

Manny Pena Manny Pena Manny Pena Manny Pena. How can one freaking letter in a 4 letter name trip you up so badly?

Even though people keep telling me he's a great broadcaster, I still don't see it. BA rarely offers anything interesting or entertaining, mispronounces names, and says the most pointless things to fill air.

Not sure why this would bring out an angry crowd. It's not like Moeller will play, but if he can bring some good advice I don't see why it would hurt. Can you only have so many coaches in MLB? I learn this, then forget, then someone tells me and I forget it again.

People hated Chad Moeller so much, I'm not sure they could see that he was effective in certain aspects. I think we can have extra coaches, roving instructors, etc, as long as they aren't in uniform on game day. I would try to have him work on pitching philosophy with our hard throwers, and teach catchers how to properly incorporate calling for the high heater

Even though people keep telling me he's a great broadcaster, I still don't see it.

Though it is a matter of opinion in general you are wrong according to the endless announcing gigs he gets. Grows every year.

Archived