Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-04: Rockies (Anderson) at Brewers (Davies) 6:40 CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5]

adambr2
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shaw has zero range

It was so frustrating listening to Brian talk about Shaw's defense today. It was something like "He doesn't have a lot of range but he makes the play on every ball he gets to." So you're basically just saying he sucks at defense then because he can't get to balls other 3B can? Okay, got it.

I personally don't even know why we traded for Shaw. 26 year old average at best player with limited upside? Yay! I thought we were rebuilding. That's not the kind of player you trade for in a rebuild.

Shaw is a lefty bat with plenty of potential. He is exactly the type of player to acquire in a rebuilding year. Of all the things to complain about, people are ripping on Shaw? Wow

Erceg is a few years away at least. Is there some other 3B prospect I am unaware of?

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Shaw has been the most entertaining player to watch so far. Reminds me a bit of Overbay, open stance, line drive swing. Hard to really blame the pitching too much in this one. When you have to make 4-5 outs an inning, it gets hard. Hernan has to knock down that grounder up the line, Villar has to catch popups that hit the pocket of his glove, even if they're difficult. Aguilar probably shouldn't cut off balls to the left side of 2nd base...Arcia and Broxton look lost at the plate, but otherwise, I thought there were good at bats.

Shaw has zero range

It was so frustrating listening to Brian talk about Shaw's defense today. It was something like "He doesn't have a lot of range but he makes the play on every ball he gets to." So you're basically just saying he sucks at defense then because he can't get to balls other 3B can? Okay, got it.

I personally don't even know why we traded for Shaw. 26 year old average at best player with limited upside? Yay! I thought we were rebuilding. That's not the kind of player you trade for in a rebuild.

While I certainly agree, I think it's very possible that that deal started as Thornburg for Dubon and Shaw was a throw-in due to need. Now, I would rather have an A ball pitcher and forget need, but that may be the way it went.

Going to be fun to watch this team as it grows but the starting rotation has to be one of the worst in baseball at this point. but our future loos bright in terms of prospects but wish we had a true legit #1 starter, not sure what will Josh be a true #1 or solid #2

Was at this game last night and scanned through the thread.

- Yes, the woo-woos in the crowd were intolerable. The entire vibe of the crowd was odd.

- Arcia's AB in the 5th inning (I think it was the 5th) was possibly the worst AB in a MLB game that I have ever seen. If I didn't know better, I would have sworn the Brewers were ahead, it was raining, and he was just trying to make a quick out to make it an official game. His first swing in that AB was baffling.

The other thing that bugged me was that every year we choose to skip opening day and go to the 2nd game of the year. I usually contact our ticket rep and just exchange another game for that game and most years have no problems getting seats in the same section and row that we normally sit in. However, this year he told me that there were very few seats available and only 2 seats available that were next to each other in the entire section. I took them, but had to check it out online myself on the "pick your seat" feature. Sure enough, that section (217) and pretty much all the sections around it appeared to be pretty much sold out. So I thought...hmm..good crowd for the 2nd game of the season. Not so. They announced 21K or 22K for the attendance. It was closer to 12K. I then remembered that last year, I think it was on fan appreciation night, they offered vouchers to attend this game and I think Wednesdays game? I'm sure people snatched those up at the end of last year and then either forgot about them or just decided not to use the tickets.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived