Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-04: Rockies (Anderson) at Brewers (Davies) 6:40 CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5]

adambr2
Making it clear that I'm referring to what I saw last year too, not just today and yesterday, but I haven't gotten the early impression of Arcia's glove being as good as advertised.

He has looked good to me defensively. Last year his offense completely disappointed but he has looked much much better this spring/season so far.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's supposed to be at the top of the knees now, even looking back on it it looks like it crosses at the bottom/middle part of his knees at best.

Did Gameday incorporate the new strike zone?

I have no idea but I had no problem with the strike zone today. MLB needs to stop tinkering with every damn thing.

14 K's again. On pace for 2,268 for the year.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

What i learned from this game is that cruella deville is kidnapping puppies again.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

What an atrocious AB by Herman. Looks like he's really improved his plate discipline this year. :rolleyes

I remember when he walked 3 times in his 10th game (after walking 0 times in his first 9) last year and Brian and Bill were saying how much he improved his plate discipline. He walked 15 times in his last 378 at bats of the season.

A leopard can't change its spots.

Two games in and the Brewers have struck out 28 times over 65 at-bats. That's pretty awful.

And yet, not really the reason we are losing games. Lol

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This team is as advertised and as designed; interesting offense, no defense, and horrible pitching.

There is very little that is interesting about their offense. It is loaded with cast-offs from other teams we hope we can strike gold on. Most of them strikeout like it is what you are suppose to do. I don't get why people like this offense at all. Is it the fact we are throwing a bunch of darts at the wall and maybe we can add another Villar to it?

Going into the season it looked like an average at best offense as a ceiling.

Bats have been frustrating to watch in the late innings seeing them choke in the 8th yesterday and go out with a whimper tonight, but I don't care how many times they strike out if they score 5 runs a game.

I have a lot more problem with the number 5 being not enough to win than I have with the number of 2200+ strikeouts.

Community Moderator
Two games in and the Brewers have struck out 28 times over 65 at-bats. That's pretty awful.

And yet, not really the reason we are losing games. Lol

I guess to be a little more fair it is over 74 plate appearances, but still makes for a 38% K/PA rate. Hopefully the brightside is that there is nowhere to go but up (well technically down).

Not just “at Night” anymore.

This team is as advertised and as designed; interesting offense, no defense, and horrible pitching.

There is very little that is interesting about their offense. It is loaded with cast-offs from other teams we hope we can strike gold on. Most of them strikeout like it is what you are suppose to do. I don't get why people like this offense at all. Is it the fact we are throwing a bunch of darts at the wall and maybe we can add another Villar to it?

Sorry but this is absurd. This is a fascinating and very dynamic offense that just strikes out too much. It won't surprise me if it is a top 5 offense in the NL this year, it is deep, talented and multifaceted. The issue with this team is the pitching which is just awful. Put this offense with a decent rotation and it is a playoff team. The defense is even good outside of Santana and Villar.

the strikeouts are unacceptable,and again they fail to get clutch hits late in the game. great call by windmill Eddie tonight cant wait to see him removed from third base. The middle guys could not do the job today.

it going to be alot of games like this today so better strap in .

Sorry but this is absurd. This is a fascinating and very dynamic offense that just strikes out too much. It won't surprise me if it is a top 5 offense in the NL this year, it is deep, talented and multifaceted.

Sorry but that is your opinion. I like the offense generally speaking as I think we will add a few more players to the core(hopefully), but I don't think it excites me. Of course that could change if Arcia,Broxton, a catcher, and Brinson comes up impressive. Or insert some other scenario where over half of our unproven players become offensive forces, but that seems like a dream scenario. The offense is moving in the right direction though.

Well I didn't say great offense, I said interesting. We do have some speed, a little power and the guys are trying to work counts. Yes working counts does mean called third strikes too. 28 strike outs is nuts but the team has scored 5 runs both games so they do have something positive from this.

The defense on the other hand is a nightmare which we pretty much all knew would happen. Stearns likes position versitlity yet doesn't seem to care if the player he acquires has plus defense at one position let alone two.

I think we all understood the pitching staff would be about as bad as any brewer team ever assembled, so no one is surprised they give up so many runs.

Sorry but this is absurd. This is a fascinating and very dynamic offense that just strikes out too much. It won't surprise me if it is a top 5 offense in the NL this year, it is deep, talented and multifaceted. The issue with this team is the pitching which is just awful. Put this offense with a decent rotation and it is a playoff team. The defense is even good outside of Santana and Villar.

The defense is not good at all. Shaw has zero range, Arcia is not as good as advertised, both first basemen don't look natural there. Honestly the only guy who looked like a major leaguer on defense so far has been Braun.

Archived