Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-04: Rockies (Anderson) at Brewers (Davies) 6:40 CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5]

adambr2
Curious that in all this carnage, Jungmann hasnt pitched yet this series?

Games have been close. I don't think Counsell has any trust in Jungmann.

Well hopefully he feels the same on Marinez now too.

I was hoping they would go with Knebel, and while it's hard to question it this early in the season when relievers haven't established much of an identity, I hate when managers refuse to put in their best relievers in key situations to put out a fire in the middle of the game because 'Its too early. ' Runs in the 5th count for the same as runs in the 9th. If Knebel comes in in the 5th and doesn't allow either inherited runner this game is in a lot different situation.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After watching Sauter again, why even keep Milone? They're basically the same pitcher but one has some actual upside and doesn't cost much.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So this is a minor thing here but I am impressed that managers are finally starting to run their teams in a logical way. Ottanavio is the setup guy but was brought in for the 7th this game because it was the heart of the order. Last night the A's brought in their "closer" in the 8th to face Trout and Pujols and then their setup guy in the 9th for the save. The Cardinals brought in their closer to face the heart of the Cubs order in the 8th the first game even though they blew it by leaving him in too long in the 9th.

We are seeing tons of shifts now obviously, probably too many of them. Platoons are a huge deal to start this year as they should be. A bunch of teams are hitting their best guys 2nd and their pitchers 9th. Hitters have started to heavily use launch angles to maximize their performance which is killing low ball pitchers and in response we are actually seeing pitchers start to go with high fast balls a lot more. The stats are actually driving the game instead of the old dinosaur thought that "this is how the game is supposed to be played". It is great to see a large part of the game actually played optimally.

After watching Sauter again, why even keep Milone? They're basically the same pitcher but one has some actual upside and doesn't cost much.

Milone is a sunk cost now that they kept him for whatever puzzling reason.

I would have cut Milone, kept Suter, and now that Guerra is hurt I would have brought up Lopez to take his spot for awhile.

There is nothing like early season reactions. Breath people...lets not throw the pitching under the bus or label Shaw something special yet.

While Shaw has a long ways to go to prove anything, the pitching sucking has been pretty well anticipated.

All off-season MLB hemmed and hawed that the low strike wasn't going to be called anymore and it's taken all of 2 games to see that the umpires are going to call the strike zone the same way they always have.

All off-season MLB hemmed and hawed that the low strike wasn't going to be called anymore and it's taken all of 2 games to see that the umpires are going to call the strike zone the same way they always have.

And again.

14 K's yesterday and 12 today so far. Just too many of those. That being said, you should at least be 1-1 when you score 5 runs in back to back games.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

And again.

These pitches were strikes on gameday and some in the zone have been called balls. The strike zone has been fine.

And again.

These pitches were strikes on gameday and some in the zone have been called balls. The strike zone has been fine.

It's supposed to be at the top of the knees now, even looking back on it it looks like it crosses at the bottom/middle part of his knees at best.

Did Gameday incorporate the new strike zone?

I'm not a violent person. I don't condone violence. Yet, if any of you happen to run into anyone wooing at a game, feel free to punch them in the neck. I won't think you're a bad person.

I think this is perfectly reasonable.

Making it clear that I'm referring to what I saw last year too, not just today and yesterday, but I haven't gotten the early impression of Arcia's glove being as good as advertised.

I'm not a violent person. I don't condone violence. Yet, if any of you happen to run into anyone wooing at a game, feel free to punch them in the neck. I won't think you're a bad person.

I think this is perfectly reasonable.

It reminds me of the despicable people that made chanting 'What?' after every single sentence in a WWE interview a thing.

Making it clear that I'm referring to what I saw last year too, not just today and yesterday, but I haven't gotten the early impression of Arcia's glove being as good as advertised.

He has really really good defense, but I think a lot of people got the impression he was legendary with the glove. That I just don't see. He is easily above average at a premium position, but no Simmons.

Archived