Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-04: Rockies (Anderson) at Brewers (Davies) 6:40 CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5]

adambr2
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davies started slow last year, too. I'm not ready to assume he's going to stink the place up all year just yet.

I'm not either, but when Zach Davies is your de facto 'ace' at the moment, your rotation is not looking very promising.

This is an every year thing. The staff is so bad out of the gates that even if this team were good enough to contend, they have 2-3 pitchers that sink their chances anyways.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Davies started slow last year, too. I'm not ready to assume he's going to stink the place up all year just yet.

Seems to be a recurring theme year after year. Looking forward to the day that these supposed strong finishes after we fall out of contention actually translate to strong starts the following year. Only day 2 though...

I am not Shea Vucinich

The pace is this game is rough. This isn't a "baseball needs to speed up" comment, but rather when the Brewers are on defense, it comes to a crawl. Meanwhile, the Rockies' P just pours in the strikes and those half innings breeze right along.

If Villar would have gone to 3rd there I think I would have shut my TV off.

Your pitcher gets on to start the inning and you bunt him over to 2nd with your slugging leadoff man against a struggling starter. Ron Roenicke running the show now over in Colorado?

Your pitcher gets on to start the inning and you bunt him over to 2nd with your slugging leadoff man against a struggling starter. Ron Roenicke running the show now over in Colorado?

Bang-bang play from being 1st & 3rd with no one out. I don't think it was a straight sacrifice. Most likely was the players choice.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Why do I feel that Broxton will be the bust we saw in the first half of last season?

Braun smoked that pitch.

And had a little chuckle rounding third with Arenado.

Why do I feel that Broxton will be the bust we saw in the first half of last season?

I don't think so. It's so early. But it would be nice to see him get something going soon and not end up with a terrible start like last year where his confidence is shaken by the end of April again.

I don't think so. It's so early. But it would be nice to see him get something going soon and not end up with a terrible start like last year where his confidence is shaken by the end of April again.

I'm probably just being pessimistic because I get so excited for this stuff and so far it feels like nothing's going our way. Very early. Reactionary post.

Sedar come on man, that play is right in grin of you.

Archived