Brewer Fanatic

2017-04-03: Opening Day! Rockies (Gray) at Brewers (Guerra) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-5; lose Guerra to 3rd inning injury]

adambr2
Man, I do not envy right handed hitters that have to face Ottavino. Not only does he throw 95, his slider has ridiculous movement, his arm angle makes it so the ball almost looks like it's starting from behind you and he moves along the rubber during the at bat. The second to last pitch to Perez he was on the 1st base side. The last pitch he was on the 3rd base side.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would have been nice to have a lefty pinch hitter in that situation to not allow that breaking ball to eat through our lineup.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Would have been nice to have a lefty pinch hitter in that situation to not allow that breaking ball to eat through our lineup.

Yes, it would. Probably not an in-game thread question, but I've wondered why there is need to carry 13 pitchers instead of 12, as it seems most MLB teams do. Having another player available to pinch hit would've been very helpful.

Yes, it would. Probably not an in-game thread question, but I've wondered why there is need to carry 13 pitchers instead of 12, as it seems most MLB teams do. Having another player available to pinch hit would've been very helpful.

Because in today's MLB, you need 3-4 innings of relief pitching. Every day.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Love that they moved the camera right behind the mound. Much more enjoyable.

I really hate this. I know people will cite that website that ranked the angles in stadiums, but I never have liked CF cameras.

Because in today's MLB, you need 3-4 innings of relief pitching. Every day.

Especially when your rotation isn't very good.

Would have also been nice if the bottom of our order had went up to the plate with an ounce of patience after seeing Ottavino struggle with his control with the first two hitters in the inning.

Love that they moved the camera right behind the mound. Much more enjoyable.

I really hate this. I know people will cite that website that ranked the angles in stadiums, but I never have liked CF cameras.

I actually agree. Of course I always have gameday up so I don't need a CF camera angle to see if the pitch is a strike. Ours isn't even centered either. It's slightly to right field.

They waived the wrong 2nd baseman. Villar can't be hid anywhere. If they'd kept Gennett as a bench bat, they could have used him in the 8th.

Please don't tell me that you're actually suggesting that Villar should have been waived. Talk about your Opening Day overreactions.

So if Villar can't play SS,3rd or 2nd .....he is running out of places to play

When it's brought up that the Brewers had the worst defense in the league last year, it was almost all on Villar. Has all the tools but his mental game is completely lacking.

They waived the wrong 2nd baseman. Villar can't be hid anywhere. If they'd kept Gennett as a bench bat, they could have used him in the 8th.

Please don't tell me that you're actually suggesting that Villar should have been waived. Talk about your Opening Day overreactions.

The guy wanted Khris Davis and now is referring to defense. Oh the irony.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived