Brewer Fanatic

Link Report Assistance / Recruitment

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Hello everyone.

First of all, if you're relatively new to the site or coming to this post via my Twitter link, this is what a typical Brewerfan.net Minor League Link Report looks like.

Yes, I plan on kicking off daily Minor League Link Reports again in 2017 (year 17!), and in the early AM hours will do what I can to collect all the "extra's" from these games.

With total respect to all those who have officially contributed in the past, I don't want to put undue pressure on any prior Link Reporter to do so again. If a past Link Reporter chimes in, they will be given priority and preference as to which affiliate they wish to cover, because to be honest, we've been blessed to have very, very solid contributors in recent years.

In particular, I'm seeking the following --

A contributing Link Reporter only needs to make one single post within the Link Report. I'll explain below.

For Biloxi, Carolina, or Wisconsin (I'll handle the late-night Sky Sox games to start the season unless a true night owl volunteers), you'd be responsible for putting together a post with the final score, and a link to the affiliate game summary, no more summary copy-and-paste, please, before you retire for the night. The affiliates are pretty good at getting their summaries out within an hour of end-of-game, even sooner most nights. Your post should also include links to the box score and game log.

You'd be expected to have read the game summary and simply to note anything of particular interest in the box or log that we'd appreciate knowing, since not every Brewerfan reader can devote time to devour each summary every day (although everyone should ;)). Point out just an item or two that we might have otherwise missed.

If you attended in person, or listened to the broadcast or watched on MiLB.TV (certainly not mandatory), feel free to chime in with your thoughts. We know you're not a pro scout, that you're just a fan like the rest of us.

Please know that this is not an everyday gig. You can ask to be a weeknight Link Reporter, or a weekend person, or even just a Sunday matinee guy (or gal). Once we identify the cast of Reporters for the early season (when just the four full-season affiliates are playing, we'll worry about the DSL, Helena and Maryvale later on), then we'll ask that you use this forum's Private Messaging feature to communicate with each other when you need a last-minute day off. I'll make sure each Link Reporter knows the full roster of "staff".

And that's about it. There is no pay, just the reward of knowing you're servicing several hundred Brewer fans each day who share your passion for the Brewers' system top-to-bottom and what it means for the future of the big league club. Other sites within the Brewers blogosphere do a tremendous job covering the team (as Brewer fans we are so fortunate), but for now, we think the ol' Link Report can still hold a special "one-thread, one-stop" location for your daily minor league summary. The fact we're getting so much more audio, video, photos, and other feature reports that we can link to during the overnight and early AM hours enhances the evening, and then the updated breakfast experience, that we're hopefully giving fans all the more.

You can indicate your interest by responding here, or perhaps even better, by sending me a private message (click on the Mass Haas avatar, and then the Private Message button). If you're currently not a formal Brewerfan member, but a lurker ready to contribute, please send me an email at jgoulart "at" brewerfan.net, and I'll guide you through that process.

Thanks to all in advance, and here's to what should be a spectacular Brewers minor league campaign.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I could help out if someone needed a week/night off or something. Call me the Link Report LOOGY - ready in the pen if needed.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Thank you, I really need to summarize a list and then get it out privately to those who have contacted me. I am VERY thankful that at least half a dozen folks have indicated an interest of various timeframes and levels. You folks are the best, and we'll make use of you all at some point this season, even if it's just the very occasional "fill-in" level.

Archived