Brewer Fanatic

Your 2017 Carolina Mudcats

Mass Haas
Brewer Fanatic Staff

We will begin to see some formal minor league roster announcements soon. The formal announcement will come directly from the Mudcats, not the Brewers. All four minor league affiliates will likely send out their press releases within an hour or so of each other once the Brewers have given them the official go-ahead to do so.

Opening Night is Thursday 4/6!

NOTE: Last season, the affiliates released their rosters on Monday AM (as if the Brewers' big league season opener didn't make it a busy enough day!)

Feel free to link to any formal notices you see here.

Often we learn via farmhand tweets, who has been assigned where, prior to the formal affiliate announcements. We'll link to any of those posts in this thread as they come out.

As you might know, we use the "Your 2017" threads to post and link to feature stories that are outside the scope of game activity covered in the Daily Link Report.

These threads have become among the most popular for viewing here, and we look forward to kicking them off formally.

Please don't speculate here at this time, this is an anxious time for many on the farm, and unfortunately we're also likely going to learn about more player releases in the next few days, in addition to those players excited about their assignments.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they're really exciting in the first half though, the Shuckers might be more exciting in the second half. Depends how aggressive they are with promotions.

Very true. Diaz, Ray, and Erceg could all be strong candidates for promotions to Biloxi at some point.

I wonder if they are going to be doing some tandem starting in Carolina. Their website lists Burnes, Medeiros, Ponce, Diplan and Harber as starting the first five games, which would leave Peralta and Yamamoto without rotation spots.

Regardless of who starts, however, that is an interesting group of pitchers.

Starting rotation according to MiLB.com for the Mudcats is as follows:

1. Corbin Burnes

2. Kodi Medeiros

3. Cody Ponce

4. Marcos Diplan

5. Conor Harber

I imagine Freddy Peralta & Jordan Yamamoto will piggy-back 2 of the starters.

Tonight's season opener between the Carolina Mudcats and Frederick Keys has been postponed due to inclement weather at Nymeo Field in Frederick, MD. The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader in Frederick on Saturday, April 29 at 1:00 p.m.

I honestly never paid much attention to Harber until now and looking at his stats...he's been impressive! I think earning the right to be listed in the top 5 of that staff over Peralta & Yamamoto is good sign! I imagine since he has only pitched 80 innings in two season, I assume Harber is piggy backed for sure. Not sure who else would be. Diplan/Peralta again?

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Diaz & Clark have started a little slower than I would have hoped, but I see that Erceg is still hitting well. Fun team to follow

Erceg/Gatewood doing decent helps ease the pain of Diaz. Not sure I am surprised Clark is starting slow.

How much of the Carolina coaching staff includes holdovers from Brevard?

This is by far the most talented affiliate. You've got 5 guys who are either consensus top 100s or borderline top 100s on some lists in Diaz, Ray, Erceg, Diplan and Clark.

The pitching staff is also loaded -- Ponce, Peralta, Diplan, Burnes, Medeiros, we're talking about organizational top 20s on a loaded farm, every single one of them.

There is absolutely no excuse for the Mudcats not to be competing for a league title, much less struggling to play .500 ball. There is some serious internal evaluation needed here and they really need to figure out what is going on at High A.

How much of the Carolina coaching staff includes holdovers from Brevard?

This is by far the most talented affiliate. You've got 5 guys who are either consensus top 100s or borderline top 100s on some lists in Diaz, Ray, Erceg, Diplan and Clark.

The pitching staff is also loaded -- Ponce, Peralta, Diplan, Burnes, Medeiros, we're talking about organizational top 20s on a loaded farm, every single one of them.

There is absolutely no excuse for the Mudcats not to be competing for a league title, much less struggling to play .500 ball. There is some serious internal evaluation needed here and they really need to figure out what is going on at High A.

It's been all of 14 games (6-8) but sure man.

Archived