Brewer Fanatic

Miami-Nebraska Gamecast...

It's been mentioned in other threads, but the game is going to be broadcast on ESPN (once it stops raining).

[Will Edit when batting lineups are posted, to find out where Braun & Katin are hitting in the order.]

Boy does this kid Joba have some nasty stuff with a nice fastball that is hitting anywhere from 90-94 right now. Colby is this kid gonna be in the draft next year?? u have a draft info on him by any chance.. Boy does he look like a ox who could handle 200 Innings easy.

While Braun and Katin have done zilch vs. Joba, both have stepped up on defense.

Braun has alleviate a lot of my concern about his d today....great footwork and quick hands....he looks like a SS out there playing 3B.....i have been reading more and more about how those that see him play a lot like his d better than Gordon's....the first baseman playing today looks as wooden as can be out there, so I wonder if a competent first sacker could have drastically reduced those error totals.

even with Joba making Braun look bad today, I feel better about Braun after watching the game, simply due to the defensive skills Braun is showing.

they mentioned that Miami's 1st baseman is a natural 3rd baseman who is strickly playing there until Braun moves on.

The only real play I saw Braun make was the inning ending double play and that looked silky smooth. I don't dare just a player by one play though however it looked very much routine for the guy.

Hasn't been the most prolific offensive game for either of our Hurricane draftee's but they didn't draft these guys because of one game.

Colby is this kid gonna be in the draft next year??

I'm glad I taped this one, as I've been hearing a lot about Joba all spring. Yes, Joba Chamberlain is the real deal. I believe he transferred to Nebraska after his freshman year at some JC, where he pitched extremely well. From what I've heard, which is obviously supported here, he has great stuff, three solid pitches that move all around the strike zone. Also from what I've heard, he tops out around 93, but it's his movement that keeps hitters guessing, and with that movement he has very good command of the strike zone.

He does have some conditioning issues, which explains the Gilbert Grape comment, but he most certainly is a name to watch for '06.

Archived