Brewer Fanatic

Reds claim Scooter Gennett on waivers

JDBrewCrew

C. Trent Rosecrans‏Verified account

Reds have claimed IF Scooter Gennett off of waivers from the Brewers

Milwaukee Brewers‏Verified account @Brewers 51s52 seconds ago

2B Scooter Gennett has been claimed off waivers by Cincinnati.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So bench will be:

- Bandy

- Niewuenhuis

- Aguilar

- Perez

- De Jesus

???

or Sogard? As much as I love Aguilar's bat, I would enjoy seeing all the weird combinations CC would come up with with a bench of Bandy, Niewuenhuis, Perez, DeJesus, Orf.

Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

Tom‏ @Haudricourt 38s39 seconds ago

Stearns said overall middle infield depth in organization worked against Gennett at this stage.

Tom‏ @Haudricourt 41s41 seconds ago

Stearns just told Gennett the news and said conversations like that are always “challenging” because of shock value to player of claim.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
He never fit the mold of the kind of player Stearns is looking for; versatile. Saw the writing on the wall a while ago. Good luck, Scooter!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

it made no sense keeping him on the roster once Villar moved to 2nd. i was just hoping they would get something for him, but i am glad to shred the salary and clear the roster spot. I like the idea of keeping Sogard only for a lefty bat off of the bench.

RIP Scoots, now that he is in cincy i can enjoy making fun of that stupid name.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

35th in franchise history in doubles. 45th in hits.

They're not going to put up a plaque for him, but he made an impact. That said, a team in rebuild has no business hanging on to a player without a future. The Brewers have better options and that's a good thing.

Can't see Kurt N. being kept over someone who is younger and has upside, either bench or reliever.

Is that Kirk's younger, better looking, more talented brother?

Either way, this move has nothing to do with Niewey. Scooter lost his job because he's a so-so hitter that plays only one position and for some reason was about to be paid $2.5mil to sit on our bench.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived