Brewer Fanatic

Ueck for All-Star Game?

DHonks
Just thought of this....anyone with experience getting an online petition going? We need a petition to get Uecker, Scully, and Enberg to call the all-star game. If random people can get pro-athletes to go to prom with them, or if we can petition to get a death star built, why not give us this one enjoyable night, and share it with all of America?

It is a cool concept, even if it's a bit pie in the sky. Let fans vote for the announcers also!

Getting an athlete to go to prom with a highschooler is one thing... getting a national channel to renege on their broadcasting contracts and hire someone else is another.

The girl from Waukesha West that invited Le'veon Bell to prom has a brother that is my son's age. They (her brother and my son) played baseball together when they were 9 and 10 and I coached the team with his Dad.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Seemed like they blew an easy opportunity in the WS last year (with Chicago involved so it's close to MKE and Cle for Major League) to have Ueck pop down early in one game and BS for an inning or two. Can have it somewhat focused on him telling Cubs/Harry Carry stories and some stories about the movie along with his normal stuff.

Fox already has their guys in place so by contract, I doubt this can happen. Didn't Dodgers fans petition for Scully to call the World Series last year?

Yea, but Scully didn't want to announce playoff games, his reason was that he didn't want it to be about him- he wanted all the focus on the team. Seems like he is done broadcasting, period, but who knows.

My thought was that the all-star game is really about the stars and the fans. What better way to share the game than with living legends at the mic? Fox can have Joe Buck and others all very actively involved.

Archived