Brewer Fanatic

2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!

torts
  • Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well we said after a .500 April that we would know more about what this team really is after May so I would say so far so good at this point. Especially having not had Braun, Thames, and Shaw for significant portions of the month.

I love this thread by the way. One of my all time Brewerfan favorites.

ALWAYS BE OPTIMISTIC! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Brewers are playing so well that the Cubs chose to postpone a game instead of playing them. This in spite of the fact that no rain was expected during the game and fans traveled from all over the country and paid premium ticket prices to get a "final out of the world series" bobblehead.

Col Springs, Biloxi, and Milwaukee, each in 1st place, and Carolina is in 2nd place.

ALL THINGS BREWERS ARE WINNING RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Verified Member
First place was fun while it lasted but the Cubs are now hitting their stride. The starting pitching just isn't there. This team is fun to watch offensively and defensively has its moments.

We finally won again!!! Three games over!!!

With a Cubs loss tonight, we'll be back in 1st place a top the NL Central where we belong!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

First place was fun while it lasted but the Cubs are now hitting their stride. The starting pitching just isn't there. This team is fun to watch offensively and defensively has its moments.

And just like that the Cubs have been shutout twice in a row and the Brewers are back all alone in first place!

Verified Member

Yay! Back in first place. It makes all the difference in the world to have a quality start and the hitters getting the job done.

Oh, and the Cubs beaten by the Dodgers too.

I'll take it.

Woodruff solid again at Col. Springs this weekend. Surprised if he isn't brought up at some point this session, whether it being for an injury fill In or replacement. Then again, is he boxed in by Espino for the near future?

Woodruff solid again at Col. Springs this weekend. Surprised if he isn't brought up at some point this session, whether it being for an injury fill In or replacement. Then again, is he boxed in by Espino for the near future?

No Espino isn't blocking him. They needed a guy for one start, so Espino made sense. If a starter goes down for a lengthy period or they trade a starter, then it's between Woodruff and Hader. Eventually we could see a 6 man rotation at some point later in the year too.

No Espino isn't blocking him. They needed a guy for one start, so Espino made sense. If a starter goes down for a lengthy period or they trade a starter, then it's between Woodruff and Hader. Eventually we could see a 6 man rotation at some point later in the year too.

If its for a starting pitcher position I would say its Woodruff or Wilkerson.. Hader has shown he can't locate his FB.. there is a reason Wilkerson is 28 and in AA. They are probably expecting him to jump straight to the majors rather than see his struggle in AAA again. I don't think Wilkerson is anything special, but guys who can't locate in the minors don't all of sudden find there location in the majors. IMO

Plenty of other places to discuss the Brewers possible rotation guys. Keep this on the optimism stuff please. It's about the only place on the boards we stay outta the muck.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived