Brewer Fanatic

2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!

torts
  • Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something also to consider is that the Dodgers have not yet locked up HFA for the World Series. Until they do, I doubt they want to let that slip away and risk being on the road for 4 games in the playoffs.

I actually just read something on this, did they change it and the all star game doesn't decide home field advantage for NL/AL world series anymore? I read that their magic number is 3 to clinch home field advantage for the world series, if it changed...when did that happen?

Yes, this started last season. HFA goes to best record, so they are still competing with the Indians and Astros.

Indians and Astros still separated by 1 game, but 3 games back of Dodgers for WS home field

Hoping the Astros and Indians keep winning and the Crew takes care of their business

I just bought 4 tickets for the first NLDS home game at Miller Park.

MY MAN!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I just booked my flight to Phoenix on Oct 4th for the NL Wild Card Game!

MY MAN!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

THIS THREAD WILL PROPEL THE TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Per TH Twitter - CC on #Brewers leaving for St. Louis later: "I told the guys last night to pack for 10 days. Or you can pack for 3 and run out of clothes."

This guy would fit right in on this thread.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Last series of the year and the Brewers are still in the playoff race. Crazy.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The Dodgers need to win 2 to assure home field advantage in the world series. They will be playing this weekend. They also have almost a week off before the post season, so they will have plenty of time to rest players next week.

The Dodgers need to win 2 to assure home field advantage in the world series. They will be playing this weekend. They also have almost a week off before the post season, so they will have plenty of time to rest players next week.

They actually only need 1, Dodgers have 102 wins and Indians 100. The Dodgers beat the Indians head to head this year. However, the Dodgers pitching depth is good enough to beat the Rockies a couple of times.

This sort of reminds me of in 2011 when the Phillies had the best record in baseball but were coming off a stretch of playing bad baseball in September. They played the Braves in the final three games of the season and you could argue that it would have been in their best interest to drop a game or two to avoid playing the red-hot Cardinals in the first round. Instead, the Phillies swept all three games and eliminated the Braves, and then the Cardinals knocked the Phillies out of the playoffs and the rest is history.

This situation is of course a little bit different as the Brewers would have to beat the Diamondbacks before playing the Dodgers even if they did somehow catch the Rockies, and the Brewers aren't nearly as hot as those 2011 Cards were. Still, here's to hoping that the Dodgers prioritize entering the postseason on a "high note" and that the Brewers can go on a magical run of their own. Even if they don't, it's been one heck of a season.

Archived