Brewer Fanatic

2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!

torts
  • Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This Reds series is the most sweepable series they've had all year.

Based on the pitchers they will face, it seems that way. The pitcher tonight is interesting. 11th Overall pick in 2010 draft and making his MLB debut at age 28. Looking at his Milb stats it does not appear that he had a lot of injuries, he just never put together a decent season until this year. Spent most of 2016 at AAA (and did not pitch great there) and then was demoted to AA this year and is now making a jump to MLB.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I think they'll definitely be resting some guys in their regular lineup like Turner. Not sure about the rotation .

I agree, but I also don't think they have guys sit all 3 days. Key guys might play 2 of 3, Turner and other guys that have been nicked up might get more rest...but even still their bench is pretty darn good. They can win games with 1 or 2 key hitters sitting, especially if guys like kershaw and co are pitching.

I think they'll definitely be resting some guys in their regular lineup like Turner. Not sure about the rotation .

I agree, but I also don't think they have guys sit all 3 days. Key guys might play 2 of 3, Turner and other guys that have been nicked up might get more rest...but even still their bench is pretty darn good. They can win games with 1 or 2 key hitters sitting, especially if guys like kershaw and co are pitching.

They won't rest their everyday lineup. There's too much time between the end of the season and their first playoff games. Their starting pitchers will likely be removed after 5 innings though.

This Reds series is the most sweepable series they've had all year.

Agreed that is is the most sweepable, however I just get this bad feeling they are going to get tripped up in at least one of them. Hope I'm wrong.

We've certainly struggled with this team, that's the most nerve-wracking part to me. I like the pitching matchups though, here's hoping...

If anyone needs some optimism about this wildcard race, Ryu and Kershaw were announced as starting the first 2 games of the Rockies series. Game 3 still TBA. Ryu is in a battle with Alex Wood to pitch in the NLDS rotation, Kershaw/Darvish/Hill are top 3 obviously. I feel so much better about the Dodgers chances of winning those games...at least the first 2.

Something also to consider is that the Dodgers have not yet locked up HFA for the World Series. Until they do, I doubt they want to let that slip away and risk being on the road for 4 games in the playoffs.

They actually just locked that up yesterday, unfortunately. But it's nice that both Kershaw and Ryu have something to pitch for...you know Kershaw wants to pad his counting stats for cy young reasons. I imagine he has some sort of incentive in his contract for winning the cy young.

Something also to consider is that the Dodgers have not yet locked up HFA for the World Series. Until they do, I doubt they want to let that slip away and risk being on the road for 4 games in the playoffs.

I actually just read something on this, did they change it and the all star game doesn't decide home field advantage for NL/AL world series anymore? I read that their magic number is 3 to clinch home field advantage for the world series, if it changed...when did that happen?

I actually just read something on this, did they change it and the all star game doesn't decide home field advantage for NL/AL world series anymore? I read that their magic number is 3 to clinch home field advantage for the world series, if it changed...when did that happen?

Yes, this started last season. HFA goes to best record, so they are still competing with the Indians and Astros.

POSITIVE THOUGHTS POSITIVE THOUGHTS POSITIVE THOUGHTS

BREWERS ARE GOING TO DO THIS! BREWERS ARE GOING TO DO THIS!

POSITIVE THOUGHTS POSITIVE THOUGHTS POSITIVE THOUGHTS

BREWERS ARE GOING TO DO THIS! BREWERS ARE GOING TO DO THIS!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

After the Cardinals lose on Thursday, they will have nothing left to play for. After the Brewers win on Thursday they will therefore be in perfect position to sweep the Cardinals this weekend. Meanwhile, Colorado will be in position to lose at least two of three to LA to (at minimum) set up a tiebreaker game.

Alright, here it goes...

We are two back in the loss column. No team is ever out of it when they are two games back unless there are less than two games left in the season. FACT

Win game three of the Reds series, win game one of the Cardinals series. Dodgers need to take game one of their series.

Then we sit one back with two to play and anything can happen!

Archived