Brewer Fanatic

2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!

torts
I think DS will be more active in FA addition than trades.

I think he'll be active on both fronts. I could see some sort of trade happening with our Phillips/Brinson/Broxton situation. He could certainly listen on anyone...Braun, Santana, even Shaw/Thames. His decision making to this point has given him so much flexibility and chips to work with this offseason...I feel like Stearns is going to blow our minds yet again this offseason, but on a much larger scale considering the ammo he has available.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stearns doesn't seem to pay any mind to high strikeout players, but with how the offense has seemingly cratered in the second half, I'm wondering if he looks to get a little more balanced this offseason. Second base and CF are areas that could be easy to upgrade with trading Broxton and putting Phillips/Brinson out there and signing Walker to a couple of year deal.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Can't wait to sit back and watch Stearns work his magic. Feels great not to have to scrutinize every move our FO makes. He will swing and miss for sure, but I guarantee he keeps moving the franchise in the right direction this summer.

I think DS will be more active in FA addition than trades.

I think he'll be active on both fronts. I could see some sort of trade happening with our Phillips/Brinson/Broxton situation. He could certainly listen on anyone...Braun, Santana, even Shaw/Thames. His decision making to this point has given him so much flexibility and chips to work with this offseason...I feel like Stearns is going to blow our minds yet again this offseason, but on a much larger scale considering the ammo he has available.

Shaw and Santana better not be going anywhere...dumb teams trade cornerstones.

Good start to the week. We need Colorado to go no better than 3-3. Brewers would still need to go 5-1 just to tie though. And I agree, hopefully St Louis is out of the picture by Friday.

Rockies only have 5 games left. So, they would need to go no better than 3-2 in the scenario you described.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

As it lines up now, assuming the Dodgers do not rest players, the Rockies will get a Kershaw-Darvish-Wood trio in Denver this weekend.

I'm very curious what they decide to do as far as rest goes. Do you really want a starter sitting on his can for 10-12 straight days? Might they go out and only throw like 60-80 pitches? Or play it like a normal game?

As it lines up now, assuming the Dodgers do not rest players, the Rockies will get a Kershaw-Darvish-Wood trio in Denver this weekend.

I'm very curious what they decide to do as far as rest goes. Do you really want a starter sitting on his can for 10-12 straight days? Might they go out and only throw like 60-80 pitches? Or play it like a normal game?

Game 1 for the Dodgers is on October 6th. IMO, because they will get 4 days off, the Dodgers will be playing their full hand. I could see them limiting their pitch counts, but that bullpen is pretty good too. If Kershaw doesn't pitch in the Rockies series, he would have, at minimum, 12 days off.

Archived