Brewer Fanatic

2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!

torts
They said on the radio Jeffress was hitting 97 tonight.

I am pretty sure I saw that on the broadcast also. He had so much movement last night, I don't think he had any idea where the pitches would end up. Pirates would have been better served to put their bats away and take walks, but his pitches must be tantalizing enough to make the hitters swing.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lackey is not that good, we should put up a 4 or 5 spot against him.

As long as our guys take enough steroids. That's the only way anyone ever hits off him.

How awful was lackey yelling at the ump all game? The guy is a joke at this point, not surprising for a guy who's last 3 team are Cards,sawx, and Cubs. If I was an ump I'd call every borderline against him, what's pathetic is the whining works and umps actually give him calls.

Looking like 2 out after tonight. That is not insurmountable just gotta win tomorrow

Resiliency and getting hot at the right time are two important factors in winning a championship. Today was a key step forward in both of those regards. This may be just what the Brewes needed to start a winning streak and to start an epic losing streak for the Cubs

Enormous win today, and as disappointing as the last 3 losses have been, I'm encouraged by this groups ability to bounce back and fight. We all hate the cubs, but this is essentially the same team that won it all last year...and the brewere are giving them all they can handle during a prolonged stretch where they have been steamrolling everyone else on their schedule.

Yes the division is now essentially out of reach, unless the crew wins tomorrow and STL beats up on them next week for 4 games. If nothing else the brewers show they belong and will play meaningful games right down to the wire in a year they were an afterthought.

The brewers just need to win and hope for the best down the last week of baseball. Still nobody would believe this at the start of the year

We have to keep reminding ourselves of this. The Crew is supposed to be still rebuilding, not playing meaningful baseball games in late September. :)

It's what I've been saying all along, we'll win out (maybe 5-1) the Cards will play out of their minds sweeping the Cubs and the Rockies will play well enough so that on the last day of the season we clinch the division beating the Cards with both the Cards and Cubs going home with nothing wondering how it all happened...

Serial optimism:

1) Winning season.

2) Brett Phillips is really fun.

3) Marlins offense at Coors makes me hopeful for some opportunities this week.

4) Battle scars in the form of losses that make you hate baseball before remembering you actually love it.

5) I think Levering's call on the Shaw homer is the first of many. He just gives me the vibe of the next great voice of the Brewers. Really, really like listening to him. Ueck is irreplaceable, but he and Lane are a more than competent team. Looking forward to their debut at #1 in baseball the next time Fangraphs does its totally subjective announcer rankings in like 2021 (hopefully in their first year after Ueck retires with a world series winning call on a ground ball to Arcia in an 8-0 game 4 (my heart couldn't handle something more dramatic)).

6) I'm legitimately excited for the offseason hot stove. Looking forward to seeing what Stearns does. I see a lot of potential in the current roster AND some clear possible improvement areas, which should make for a fun offseason.

7) At worst, the Brewers will play two more meaningful baseball games. At best, it could be even more special. I'm pumped to either clinch the playoffs at Busch or else eliminate the Cardinals and secure second in the Central!

very very few people thought this team would be where they are right now, how can we NOT be optimistic about the future?!!?!?!

THIS RULES I LOVE BASEBALL GO CREW GO LETS DO THIS SCREW THE CARDS WIN 'EM ALL!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I want Ueck to see a Brewers World Series win. If not this year then within the next couple of years. It would bring a tear to my eye to hear Ueck call the last play in a win. It would probably bring a tear to his eye too.

Archived