Brewer Fanatic

2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!

torts
IF they win tonight, they're 80-70. No matter what else happens, this team has over-achieved. Going with 3 1/12 starters right now and they're still winning series. I guess that's why I can't go ballistic in the IGT, I'm still not expecting them to make the playoffs, so as long as they/re in it I'm enjoying it!

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right now the Cubs are nearing the end of their winning streak and are asking themselves how the Brewers can possibly still be alive. The Brewers, on the other hand, are playing with house money and are ready to go make some hay with it.

Just 6.5 back of the first wild card!

THATS THE SPIRIT!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I would love to win the division, but even better than that would be getting in as 2nd wild card and then beating the Cubs in the playoffs.

Even better - knock the Cubs out of the division title, then Colorado beats Chicago and St. Louis for the 2nd wild card. That would be fun.

Ooooh! That wins. I'm rooting for that.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Waking up to that number being 1 instead of 2. Today's gonna be a good day!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Glad to see the Brewers gain ground on somebody last night...when Mike flipping Montgomery carriers a no-hitter into the 6th inning and the Cubs' opponent manages 1 hit for the game, it seems like the Cubs will never lose again unless they are playing the Brewers in September.

Sounds like Arrieta is starting game 1 of this weekend's series, and will likely be on a limited pitch count coming off that hammy tweak...optimistically, I'm hoping he can't get through 4 innings after a combination of runs and pitches - then the Brewers can find a way to have a big inning off middle relief to get the series started off right! Pitching matchups indicate they are going to miss Lester this weekend.

Cleveland just won 22 straight. I don't see any reason the Brewers can't win 25 straight right now and win the WS. 11 to go in regular season and 11 in playoffs to go with the 3 in a row now. Maybe they might lose one or two at the end of the regular season I suppose to set up the rotation though to break the streak.

Glad to see the Brewers gain ground on somebody last night...when Mike flipping Montgomery carriers a no-hitter into the 6th inning and the Cubs' opponent manages 1 hit for the game, it seems like the Cubs will never lose again unless they are playing the Brewers in September.

Sounds like Arrieta is starting game 1 of this weekend's series, and will likely be on a limited pitch count coming off that hammy tweak...optimistically, I'm hoping he can't get through 4 innings after a combination of runs and pitches - then the Brewers can find a way to have a big inning off middle relief to get the series started off right! Pitching matchups indicate they are going to miss Lester this weekend.

Yes, I love to see Arrieta on deck coming off an injury. And I'd assume, the Cubs throw Lester at us on short rest if it comes down to not being swept.

81wins and still 11games to go. All those bullpen losses to start the season, this is a Playoff team as constructed, versus those 2months+. In a rebuild year.

YESSSS!!!!!! WHAT A YEAR!! THIS IS AMAZING!! I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

They said on the radio Jeffress was hitting 97 tonight. A lot of people thought the decreasing velo was a big reason for his troubles in the last 12 months. If there really is just some comfort here that lets Jeffress excel... what a time for him to gain his confidence and help our team. The 6th inning in the playoffs will be a really important one.

Weird to put this in the optimism thread, but the cards won again last night and inched up the standings....keeping them within arms length of the cubs in the standings will help the brewers since they get chicago at home for 4 games right after the brewers are done with them.

Say the brewers win the weekend series 3-1, and get to 1.5 games behind the cubs. If STL takes 3 of 4 from them afterwards and the brewers win their series with the reds, there are scenarios where the nl central is a three way tie (or darn close) with three to play...add the rockies into the mix and it'll be a barnburner for two playoff spots!

Archived