Brewer Fanatic

2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!

torts

Great weekend other than Jimmy injury. Not sure if they'll lose another game all year.

Tad frustrating we did the dirty work and couldn't get a little help by at least one of STL or COL losing 2/3 over the weekend. Instead both also sweep. Bad luck there, just keeping winning series and they'll be right there at the end. 6 games vs PIt in the next 9 games, would be nice if that team just kind of gave up and we get 5 wins there.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rockies head into Arizona to hopefully get swept in 4 games.

Now I am sort of thinking we should just cheer for the Rockies and win the division so the Cubs miss the playoffs entirely. If this is the optimism thread then that is my optimal outcome.

Let them have the wild card, knock off the dodgers and then get swept by us on our way to winning the world series.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Couldn't find any thread dedicated to Hader to put this in, so I thought I'd throw it in here since his performance has been a great source of optimism in 2017.

Here is a good read with Hader getting some national baseball nerd love for his ability to generate swings and misses.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/batting-against-josh-hader-seems-terrible/

The Cubs are reaching the end of the easy part of their schedule. After these 2 games against the Mets, they play 3 home vs the Cardinals and then go on a 10 game road trip with no off days before closing the season against the reds. It sure would be nice if the Mets and Reds could help us out by taking one or two from the Cubs/Cards.

I also noticed they play a 615 game against the cardinals in st louis on Thursday but haven't changed their Friday home game to a night game from 120. That team is something else. Also worth noting,

I got some positive vibes this morning. No game today so a chance at least one of the Rockies, Cubs or Cardinals lose. Cubs and Cardinals play 7 games vs each other yet. In addition there are still the 3 Brewers @ Cards and the 4 Cubs @ Brewers games. Currently in a stretch of playing 13 of 16 games at Miller Park. This is exciting! Go Brewers!

LETS GO BOYS! YOU GOT THIS! I BREWLIEVE IN YOU!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

LETS GO BOYS! YOU GOT THIS! I BREWLIEVE IN YOU!

Right there with ya torts. Let's go boys!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I know it sucks right now that we are gaining zero ground, but we have done about as well as one could expect us to do. Since mid August we have won almost every series. We have won 2/3 from the Dodgers and Rockies, won 3/4 against the Nationals, swept the Cubs at Wrigley, and now about to win a series vs. Miami.

Even if the postseason isn't in our future this team has played very well down the stretch even after losing Nelson. We are a pretty easy bet to finish over .500 when there were zero expectations of us doing so. Makes me really excited about next year where hopefully we are winning 90+ games.

I know it sucks right now that we are gaining zero ground, but we have done about as well as one could expect us to do. Since mid August we have won almost every series. We have won 2/3 from the Dodgers and Rockies, won 3/4 against the Nationals, swept the Cubs at Wrigley, and now about to win a series vs. Miami.

Even if the postseason isn't in our future this team has played very well down the stretch even after losing Nelson. We are a pretty easy bet to finish over .500 when there were zero expectations of us doing so. Makes me really excited about next year where hopefully we are winning 90+ games.

Couldn't agree more. We can't control other teams and this Brewers team just keeps rising to the call. If they continue to win 2 of 3 the rest of the way out and miss the playoffs, well it is what it is.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Right there with y'all. 79 wins is great right now. Let's add a bunch more and hope things work out. If not, well, other teams just earned it.

We just dusted off a 4-2 week. Put up 5-2, with 3 coming against the Cubs, and we'd be what? 2 back with 6 to go? Cannot ask for much more on 9/17 given the expectations coming in. Take care of business in Pittsburgh, Brewers! Keep the bats going!

Yea just tough luck at the end here that Cubs and Rox won't lose. Only kickign ourselves would be over the sweep in Cincy and losing 4 to MN. Get just 3 of those 7 games and they're right there, heck even just 2. Still, they're doing what anyone could reasonably expect but getting no help.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I would love to win the division, but even better than that would be getting in as 2nd wild card and then beating the Cubs in the playoffs.

I don't know how playoff matchups work so I'm assuming we'd both have to win a series first but that's ok.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Just the fact the team is playing meaningful games in September is a plus. They've already surpassed last years win total by six games and they still have two weeks to go. 88 wins minimum is probably where they need to be targeting to have a chance at catching the cubs, so 9-4 is doable the last 13, but we're going to have to hope for either the Cubbies or Rockies to fall off a bit and the consistency to keep up.

Playing meaningful games and actually winning meaning games. That can't be sold short in this equation.

I would love to win the division, but even better than that would be getting in as 2nd wild card and then beating the Cubs in the playoffs.

I don't know how playoff matchups work so I'm assuming we'd both have to win a series first but that's ok.

We only have a shot at playing the Cubs in the playoffs in the NLCS.

Brewers win division / Cubs get WC2, then Cubs over AZ and winner plays Dodgers. We would play Nationals.

Cubs win division / Brewers get WC2, then Brewers over AZ and winner plays Dodgers. Cubs would play Nationals.

Sometimes it is about who gets hot at the right time and if the Brewers win out this week they will be guaranteed to be in first by at least a half a game by the end of the day Sunday.

YES~!!!!!!! THEY CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Playing meaningful games and actually winning meaning games. That can't be sold short in this equation.

This, and without our best pitcher too. After the Reds series it was put up or shut up, and the team has responded big time winning 7 of 9 including a sweep of the Cubs in Wrigley. That's a big deal. If someone else could actually beat the freaking Cubs even once in a series we'd be talking about how this team is surging toward the playoffs.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Even better - knock the Cubs out of the division title, then Colorado beats Chicago and St. Louis for the 2nd wild card. That would be fun.

Even better - knock the Cubs out of the division title, then Colorado beats Chicago and St. Louis for the 2nd wild card. That would be fun.

As fun as that would be...just get in!! Even if we lose against the Diamondbacks in the Wild Card, the experience this team has gained this season being in first, losing first and somehow righting the ship and playing their way back into the playoffs will only help in 2018, 2019 and 2020.

Archived