Brewer Fanatic

2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!

torts
  • Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Cubs came close to getting swept by reds...

I mean.... The cubs won the first game in the series 15 to 5. I love the optimism, but I have to wonder about your definition of "close". :D

Haha! Forgot it was a four game series!

The reds gave us fits as well. I suspect they will wreak havoc on the nl central race down the stretch with all the divisional matchups. Their offense is very potent but their pitching is dreadful, that's still a dangerous team because of the offensive potential.

Hopefully we cam keep things rolling in Colorado, we need a strong start to this road trip

every morning I wake up and think "I CANT WAIT TO LISTEN TO THE GAME TONIGHT~!!"

haven't felt like this with the brewers in a couple years. This is exciting! I love baseball.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

The Brewers should benefit more from the expanded rosters than their competition. They'll add needed OF depth in a red hot Phillips. They'll add at least one lefty out of the pen. If they choose, they can mix and match starters at the back end of rotation.

With addition of a much needed vet bat like Walker and return of the pre-injury Anderson, the outlook improved dramatically in the past week.

Good news too is Garza's next start is a day game. Throughout his career Garza has been better in the day than at night. His ERA this year is a half run better in day games. For his career, it's more than a half run difference, 3.62 to 4.36.

The Brewers should benefit more from the expanded rosters than their competition. They'll add needed OF depth in a red hot Phillips. They'll add at least one lefty out of the pen. If they choose, they can mix and match starters at the back end of rotation.

With addition of a much needed vet bat like Walker and return of the pre-injury Anderson, the outlook improved dramatically in the past week.

Good news too is Garza's next start is a day game. Throughout his career Garza has been better in the day than at night. His ERA this year is a half run better in day games. For his career, it's more than a half run difference, 3.62 to 4.36.

I don't know other rosters as well as ours, but I tend to agree. I certainly think we will benefit more than the Cubs will...after all what talent do they have left in their farm system? Phillips, Wang, Guerra, Bandy, Rivera(for defense), Jungmann, Webb, Woodruff...should all come up. Garza will probably start down the stretch unless he has 2 or 3 more clunkers in a row and regardless should never stay in the game long enough to give up 8 runs with all the extra arms we should have available. Guerra/Jungmann as guys that can go 3-4 innings if needed along with Hader. 2 lefties should come up to operate as situational lefties. Phillips should be a good PH/defense guy. Bandy coming up allows us to more freely use Vogt/Pina as a PH. Rivera should never even touch a bat when he comes up, but could be a good defensive option late in games at 2b/3b. The one thing I don't think we have but wish we did...is a guy with elite speed that could be used solely as a PR late in games. Maybe Stearns can track one down in the next week or so.

Actually, they just signed Quintin Berry, who has been extremely impressive on the base paths. I believe something like 27 for 28 as a major leaguer.

Right, and if I remember right the Red Sox added him to their post-season roster in the past precisely to use him as a PR. Johnny Davis is another guy they could bring up to fill that role.

Actually, they just signed Quintin Berry, who has been extremely impressive on the base paths. I believe something like 27 for 28 as a major leaguer.

Right, and if I remember right the Red Sox added him to their post-season roster in the past precisely to use him as a PR. Johnny Davis is another guy they could bring up to fill that role.

Good to know, I shouldn't be surprised that Stearns has figured this out already.

I think its becoming apparent Josh Hader will be a integral part of any push towards the playoffs. A great recipe for success moving forward is having a lead after six innings and closing it out with Hader/Swarzak/Knebel.

It's one game, but him getting used to get seager and turner today was very telling. That's how miller would have been used. Some teams would bring in their closer to face those guys in this case. I think it's fair to say he is at minimum at the same hierarchy level with counsel as swarzak right now and for sure ahead of everyone else.

This feels like a statement series. These guys confidence is probably through the roof right now after this. Meanwhile the cubs lose 2 of 3 to the worst team in the league. I fully expected to be 4-5 back at this point, here's hoping we go on a run and completely close the gap.

only team the Dodgers dont have a winning record against are THE BREWERS!!!!!!!!

GUYS THIS IS AMAZING!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Great weekend and series win against the formidable Dodgers in LA. Pitching was very good and am very impressed with Hader specifically. Davies just might be a 20 game winner this year!

Been a lot of talk of the Cubs' easy 2nd half schedule, but the biggest remaining difference is this weekend. We have 4 against WAS while the Cubs have 4 against ATL. After that, the schedules are pretty much equal including 7 head-to-head matchups.

Come out of this weekend within a couple games, and this is going to be one heck of an interesting month. Heck, we gained on them against LA while they played PHI, let's get even this week!

I am not Shea Vucinich

Archived