Brewer Fanatic

2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!

torts
  • Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get the offense rolling again and let's see how much pressure this team can put on the Cubs. I think that every day both the cards and pirates are within earshot if the division lead, the Brewers benefit. Make this race a crap shoot down the stretch.

Looking like this team can pitch well enough to avoid collapsing, should be fun!

This could very well come down to the remaining 7 games against the Cubs. How fun is that?!? Best em 5 times and the division may be ours.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This could very well come down to the remaining 7 games against the Cubs. How fun is that?!? Best em 5 times and the division may be ours.

Yup it will largely come down to divisional games. We get to play the Reds and Cardinals a lot and we have faired well against them. However we also play the Pirates a lot down the stretch and we just haven't played well against them.

This thread needs some life.

Tomorrow will be August 9th. The Brewers are over .500. The Brewers are within a couple games of a playoff spot and chasing only one team. The Brewers haven't been playing well but are ready to get hot!

I feel a nice little win streak coming on, and I think we play meaningful baseball against the Cubs in September. Woodruff, Davies, Nelson, sounds like three in a row to me!

nothing like coming home to a hot plate of Bartolo Colon tonight!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

This thread needs some life.

Tomorrow will be August 9th. The Brewers are over .500. The Brewers are within a couple games of a playoff spot and chasing only one team. The Brewers haven't been playing well but are ready to get hot!

I feel a nice little win streak coming on, and I think we play meaningful baseball against the Cubs in September. Woodruff, Davies, Nelson, sounds like three in a row to me!

It is hard to be optimistic when the team is playing like they are right now. The only good thing lately is most of the time when we lose the Cubs do too.

It's not just the Cubs, but the Cardinals and Pirates as well. We play 8 games against the Pirates, 7 against the Cubs, and 5 against the Cardinals of our remaining 50 games(Most of these are in September too). We could potentially have a very exciting stretch run with meaningful games all the way to the finish line.

As much as it was difficult to watch the shelling yesterday, the Brewers put together a lot of hits and good at bats and could have easily scored more runs. I feel very good about our next 3 pitching matchups, while the cubs will go to Arizona after one more in SF. Hopefully we use the rest of this week to climb back into the lead!

LETS DO THIS!!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I'll add on...

Even as disastrous as this last stretch has been, they STILL control their own destiny with so many divisional games left to be played.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I dont really care how this season ends. They started off this season, in my eyes, with no real shot at competing (which is why they got the likes of Oliver and Feliz in the BP in the offseason), and yet they've competed the entire year thus far. If they continue to fall off a cliff this and next month my optimism for the future wont change. if anything, I am FAR more optimistic about the future!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

It's August 11th, the Brewers, yes, the Milwaukee Brewers, are two games out of first place!!!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived