Brewer Fanatic

2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!

torts

Looking at the lineup today, let me just say how grateful I am for the Brewers bench.

We have Braun/Thames/Broxton out today, and instead of feeling like we might as well not even play the game, we can put Perez/Aguilar/Phillips in there and still have a pretty great lineup. This is the #1 reason we've had such a solid year in my opinion (#2 being Nelson/Anderson).

Hoping Nelson can be the stopper today. I have faith.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The unbeatable Cubs traded their best prospect for Quintana. The Pirates may not get anything for McCutcheon and have an aging roster. It seems the Reds have less starting pitching than just about anyone save Baltimore. St. Louis looks like it's losing some magic.

Milwaukee, meanwhile, is a) in first place, b) has a well-stocked, deep farm system, c) has a GM who has a plan and tons of payroll flexibility.

I hate losing four in a row, but it was going to happen at some point. Avoid the sweep and there's lots to be optimistic about both near-term and down the road. Feels like 2007 to me, and that kicked off about the best five-year stretch we've seen from a Milwaukee baseball team. Go Brewers!

The unbeatable Cubs traded their best prospect for Quintana. The Pirates may not get anything for McCutcheon and have an aging roster. It seems the Reds have less starting pitching than just about anyone save Baltimore. St. Louis looks like it's losing some magic.

Milwaukee, meanwhile, is a) in first place, b) has a well-stocked, deep farm system, c) has a GM who has a plan and tons of payroll flexibility.

I hate losing four in a row, but it was going to happen at some point. Avoid the sweep and there's lots to be optimistic about both near-term and down the road. Feels like 2007 to me, and that kicked off about the best five-year stretch we've seen from a Milwaukee baseball team. Go Brewers!

Majority of Pirates good players are 24-28 that is not an aging roster. But everything else on division is true. Brewers are set up for some serious consistency maybe with 90win seasons like the Rays' stretch?

Need some more optimism, Domingo Santana is 24 with an .895OPS. His best years are ahead of him. #3 Bat is on this team already to replace Braun's. Shaw is just 27. These two will mash for this team for seasons!

Always loved Santana from the get go. We got legit prospect at a young age that already showed competency against MLB pitching. Thought of him as a Corey Hart type player and he looks to be very similar value wise. Not at all surprised he has a good head start on being the best player in that deal.

The season is over according to most on here that post and we still lead the division!!!

oh, we lost? oh well, first place is still reality!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

The season is over according to most on here that post and we still lead the division!!!

lol that's funny. No they don't. Brewers have 1 more loss than the Cubs.

edit: please don't use that word. It got past the cuss filter but it's not allowed. Thanks.

lol that's funny. No they don't. Brewers have 1 more loss than the Cubs. I could give a damn about winning pct.

Honestly, get lost man. Either figure it out around here or go join another board where your will be more suitable.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

lol that's funny. No they don't. Brewers have 1 more loss than the Cubs. I could give a damn about winning pct.

too bad winning percentage is how standings work..

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Offense just seems tight or anxious all of a sudden. Just need to get a W tomorrow and get back to loose fun way they'd been playing all year. The pressure is still on the Cubs, not them, get back to playing with that attitude.

ETA: Also, I think MKE has 3 more wins than the Cubs.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

This is the optimism thread. This is the thread for people to come in and Sprout unabashed and unfettered optimism. Stop coming into this thread and raining on people's parade.

Yeah this losing streak sucks, but our pitching staff has given up and average of 3.67 runs per game in the last 6. This is being done without Anderson and what I think would be an immediate upgrade, at least in the pen, of Brandon Woodruff.

And 3 more wins. Winning is better than losing!!!

We also have 3 more wins banked.

Don't get me wrong, I still think that we will miss the playoffs and this team is playing over their talent but it is nice to see the team winning

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

We done better with Braun out than Sogard and Anderson

Okay, you've established your point of loving Sogard. It'll be interesting to see if he even comes close to producing what he was before we get too excited.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

edit: please don't use that word. It got past the cuss filter but it's not allowed. Thanks.

This is just silly. Wins matter just as much as losses in a teams record. If one team is 25 and 20 and misses like 10 games to rainouts and the other team is 36 and 19 there is no argument in the world that the team with 1 fewer loss is in a better spot.

This is just silly. Wins matter just as much as losses in a teams record. If one team is 25 and 20 and misses like 10 games to rainouts and the other team is 36 and 19 there is no argument in the world that the team with 1 fewer loss is in a better spot.

Exactly. Just because the Cubs won 6 straight out of the break doesn't mean they are going to win out the season. We've played more games and they aren't a lock to win all games of the difference. Funny things happen when teams play the Cardinals. It's getting to that point in the season where they tend to get going and make a run at the playoffs...I'll be plugging my nose and silently cheering on the cardinals this weekend.

Looooooooong season....

This is so obvious, yet we all fall into the trap at times of not remembering this. Over two whole months of baseball to play. 5 game losing streaks happen all the time, this one is just more noticeable because the Cubs happened to have a winning streak at exactly the same time.

Not to mention, we should have expected a run by the Cubs whether the pundits thought they were a lost cause or not. I guess I don't understand if anyone was optimistic about the Brewers before, not sure what a 5 game stretch has to do with anything. Especially since this stretch has had far more to do with lack of hitting than anything else, and we know this team can hit.

Archived