Brewer Fanatic

2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!

torts
They didn't make the playoffs but the 2009 Mariners are one of those teams. They lost 101 games in 2008, then won 85 in 2009. In the off season of 2009 they signed a bunch of big free agents and then lost 101 again in 2010. That was a 100 loss team in 2008 that somehow won 85.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2003 Marlins. Start 16-22, hire old man Jack McKeon who goes 75-49, ride the tails of the youngest pitching staff ever to win a World Series (average age 26.1).

Fun fact - that pitching staff included former Brewers Chad Fox and, 1996 Brewers draft pick, Allen Levrault.

I've got to think the 1989 Cleveland Indians, led by manager Lou Brown, was the least likely team to make the playoffs. I mean, the owner was actively trying to tank the team to move it to Miami.

I've got to think the 1989 Cleveland Indians, led by manager Lou Brown, was the least likely team to make the playoffs. I mean, the owner was actively trying to tank the team to move it to Miami.

Their main competition, the Yankees, were hitting a pitcher 3rd that season which was silly

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Their main competition, the Yankees, were hitting a pitcher 3rd that season which was silly

A retired pitcher at that.

A retired pitcher at that.

But he was leading the league in most offensive categories - including nose hair.

Those veterans played back to form that year, and the rookies developed faster than anyone thought, they had 2 or 3 potential All-Stars in there... myself included.

nick franklin DFAd? BRAU BRAU RETURNING?!!? BOOYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Arcia's OPS is over .700. He's been raking the last four weeks.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

If we make the playoffs, is this the most improbable playoff team ever?

If we win it all, the greatest accomplishment by any professional organization in the history of sports.....

Better than that English soccer team a couple years ago....

Better than the 1980 Miracle on Ice

No salary cap, smallest market in baseball, lowest payroll, new gm, using pickups and everybody's leftovers during a rebuild nonetheless...

We win, we blow up sports.

Quite the upside....

I know that Arcia wasn't known for his offensive skills in the minors but he really looks like a hitter up there and you can see the confidence he has in himself. With the way other hitters struggle at Biloxi it makes me appreciate in hindsight what a year he had in 2015 for them.

He should flip flop with Thames in the batting order. He's an emerging star.

Thames is striking out at an alarming rate in June. It's great that he walks a lot and hits home runs, but his batting average in May was only .221 and in June it's down to .170 with a ton of K's.

I don't think he should be benched, but i would like to see Aguliar get a few more starts sprinkled in.

He should flip flop with Thames in the batting order. He's an emerging star.

Thames is striking out at an alarming rate in June. It's great that he walks a lot and hits home runs, but his batting average in May was only .221 and in June it's down to .170 with a ton of K's.

I don't think he should be benched, but i would like to see Aguliar get a few more starts sprinkled in.

Since April, Thames had one stretch where he homered in 4 straight games from June 14 to June 17. He did little for 6 weeks leading up to that and since he's 3 for 37 since with 17 K's and just 3 walks. He's killing them batting 2nd.

Ahem! Optimism thread.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Ahem! Optimism thread.

YES!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

If anderson hadnt gotten hurt, it would be getting close to time to have an argument about who our true ace is between him and nelson.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived