Brewer Fanatic

Wearing Another Team's Hat

Anyway...sorry to resurrect this if you’re all over it,

Damn you!

Jk, welcome to the forums

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you stand on wearing your team’s cap to a game where your team is not involved?

When I attended the Orioles/BoSox game at Fenway two years ago I had my Brewers cap on to show my Milwaukee pride.

Which leads to this, Monday is a special day in Boston, so it will be the one day per year I'll wear my retro Red Sox cap.

I ignored this thread the first time, but honestly do what ever the hell makes you happy! If you wanna wear a hat that you think looks cool, or because you like the team or a player go nuts. Seriously I'm a die hard Brewers fan first, and a die hard baseball fan second. I got numerous other caps for MLB teams; like the Mariners (Timber Rattlers and Griffey), Orioles (Cal Ripken), Cleveland (Major League), LAD (wanted to be Benny the Jet Rodriguez), Boston (Survivor phase... jk haha) the list goes on and on. I plan on getting another MLB one in June as soon as a friend of mine is drafted by a team. Hopefully the Brewers!

As long as it's not gang related I could give a crap. Do you man!

I will say though a major pet peeve of mine for any sport... is going to a game, and wearing the gear of another team that's not even playing.

You know, I've now watched two-and-four-ninths (2 4/9) games and I've seen a ton of fans wearing hats and other gear (shirts, etc.) of other teams besides the Brewers and Rockies.

HOW DARE THEY COMMIT THIS TRAVESTY!!!!!!!

Quite annoying tbh, but maybe I am being obstinate.

Alright so serious question here. So I was in the cafeteria today and the biggest predicament happened. In the fridge with all the drinks was my typical bottled water I get everytime. Problem is Aquafina put a Cubs logo on it and states they are the official sponsor of the world champions. If I buy this water am I not a true fan? Am I supporting the Cubs? Is it acceptable to just rip the label off and call it good or deep down have I still comitted the sin?

Don't drink bottled water? It's the worst!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Alright so serious question here. So I was in the cafeteria today and the biggest predicament happened. In the fridge with all the drinks was my typical bottled water I get everytime. Problem is Aquafina put a Cubs logo on it and states they are the official sponsor of the world champions. If I buy this water am I not a true fan? Am I supporting the Cubs? Is it acceptable to just rip the label off and call it good or deep down have I still comitted the sin?

Don't drink bottled water? It's the worst!

Well..unless maybe you live in Flint, or even Waukesha.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I wore a Brewers cap and Branyan shirsey to the game we attended at Progressive Field in 2009, because by then Russell was on the opposing team (Mariners) and I wanted to see him play.

Three Progressive Field employees commented favorably on my cap, with one thanking me for hosting the Indians during that snowy series in 2007 (as if I'd had anything to do with it personally?). There was no reaction to the shirsey as far as I could tell. It was not a large crowd, which could have had something to do with it.

Best thing about that day? Russell hit a home run, struck out and walked. :)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived