Brewer Fanatic

Wearing Another Team's Hat

While I undoubtedly love the Brewers and own more Brewer items than any other of my favorite teams apparel, I also enjoy wearing the hats of other teams that I root for like the Giants and Padres. My sense of loyalty to the Brewers is not in question as I have don't even have an ounce of rooting interest for any of the teams if it were to impact the Brewers chances. However, I do not own apparel for a different NFL team other than the Packers and have no desire for it. My friends have questioned my loyalty to the Brewers whereas I believe it to be a love affair with the game of baseball that is unique to this sport and doesn't translate to football.

The question I have for you all is if you wear a hat of other MLB teams or are you strictly Brewers and your reason for either?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I undoubtedly love the Brewers and own more Brewer items than any other of my favorite teams apparel, I also enjoy wearing the hats of other teams that I root for like the Giants and Padres. My sense of loyalty to the Brewers is not in question as I have don't even have an ounce of rooting interest for any of the teams if it were to impact the Brewers chances. However, I do not own apparel for a different NFL team other than the Packers and have no desire for it. My friends have questioned my loyalty to the Brewers whereas I believe it to be a love affair with the game of baseball that is unique to this sport and doesn't translate to football.

The question I have for you all is if you wear a hat of other MLB teams or are you strictly Brewers and your reason for either?

If National and American Leagues were still separate (no interleague), I could see wearing another cap of the opposing league team. Now, there is no excuse.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It bothers me when people think wearing Packers and or Badger gear to a Brewer game counts as supporting the Brewers. No, it does not. I realize this is not the point of the post but I felt like venting. Sorry.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

When I was younger I always loved Griffey, Thomas and Henderson. So I have hats for the White Sox, A's and the Mariners. I still follow the A's and the Mariners.

I also follow the Braves a bit but not all that much since the Brewers switched leagues.

For the other sports it is just one team.

It bothers me when people think wearing Packers and or Badger gear to a Brewer game counts as supporting the Brewers. No, it does not. I realize this is not the point of the post but I felt like venting. Sorry.

I dont wear Packers to Brewers' games, But Badgers I will from time to time. ItsWisconsin you know which includes Milwaukee. Whereas Packers are Green Bay representing. So I apologize I offend you.

As to wearing other MLB team hats. Nope I won't do that. If I were to buy another team hat, I'd wear it only in that city if I were watching a game Not vs the Brewers.

I always wanted to buy a hat from each MLB club. I thought it would be neat. This was back when I was in college.

I know a lot more now. That idea wasn't a good one. Mostly from a fiscal standpoint as a college student.

That said, I say go for it. You can like other teams--there's nothing wrong with that. Obviously, though, you can only LOVE one team and hopefully people could understand the difference between the two.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

If you LOVE a team, you don't wear other teams hats. It's that simple for me. It would make my stomach turn having someone else's logo on the top of my head. The Brewers have little support as it is anyways.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I would guess that many of you also collect baseball stuff.... so each time I go to a different stadium I buy a hat and a shot glass for display in my basement (read man cave) that I just hang up to have a memory of the time I visited a city/stadium. I will wear that hat at the game in that stadium if they aren't playing the Brewers. I don't usually wear it out here at home in WI unless for a special occasion like when I wore my Indians cap during the World Series last October. I do think it looks kind of cool to have a room full of hats hanging around the basement though and am glad I started that collection as it leads to good stories with the people that come over to the house.

I have done a couple baseball tours of around 10 games each and have picked up other team's hats along the way. As long as they are not playing the Brewers I like to root for the home team and it is a little souvenir for visiting that stadium. I still have a couple of Seattle hats from when I was younger and a big Griffey fan.

Wear whatever you want. And don't let other people influence you--as if their definition of fandom is superior to yours...it's nonsense.

I wear Brewers hats, an MLB Network hat, a Hall of Fame hat, Mets hats, Marlins hats.

I get to decide what goes on my head, regardless of whether or not my friends approve.

I feel like it's different with baseball. I would never wear another NFL team's gear besides the Packers. But, living in Texas, I own both a Rangers and an Astros hat and have no problem wearing them (although I wear Brewers hats much more regularly).

On a side note, does anybody know if this hat https://goo.gl/PeZEvJ is going to be worn this year? I've seen the minor leaguers wearing it this spring and it's available for sale online. I like the look of the yellow brim.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

It's not up to anyone else to decide what you wear and how you display and/or declare your allegiance. I find all those unwritten fan rules silly as heck.

I have a Yankees cap that's like 25 years old that my mom bought for me, and I hate the Yankees.

I have a Yankees cap that's like 25 years old that my mom bought for me, and I hate the Yankees.

I have a Red Sox hat that is a little bit older from my youth baseball. We actually used the real teams hats instead of the ones everyone else had made for them we thought it was cooler back then. :laughing

I followed Darryl Strawberrys career very closely when I was a kid so I have hats from every team that he played for yet. I don't wear any of them but I do have them for nostalgia. I would like to start getting hats for all of the Brewers minor league teams this year though.
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

I have a ton of Brewers clothing, but I also have a braves shirt that I bought as a joke. It occasionally gets worn--- as a joke, I swear! It's not even in English! I also wear my ball in glove hat when I wear it to cause confusion. Also, I basically live in Atlanta. I'm sorry.

Gonna be a debbie downer here. I only wear Wisconsin team gear. Recently we moved to another state and I decided to cheer for an AFC team near there for football. I chose the Titans even though they have been pretty bad. For Christmas this year I got a Titans shirt as a gift and I wore it the next day, my oldest son was murdered that day and I haven't been able to bring myself to wear the shirt since. I can say my one attempt at cheering for a team outside of Wisconsin was a complete failure.

Though a Vintage Eric Davis Reds Jersey would be most welcome.

I wear Brewer hats almost exclusively. Even the camo one for hunting and fishing.

I used to wear a Rockies hat until the Brewers switched to the NL. I will not wear another hat from a National League team.

Depends on how much of a fan you are. For some reason I get Packer gear for gifts all the time. I dislike the Packers and I tell people to take it back or give it to someone else. I would rather watch a Brewer game with the Brewers in last place than a Packer Game in September.

Im not really a "hat guy", although with the way my hair has been saying goodbye over the years, I probably should be. I'll wear a brewers at to a game, thats about it.

I do have polo shirts of several other teams, that I wear once in a while.....bought at the various Arizona spring training venues. Angels, A's, Padres, Mariners, Giants, Reds, Dodgers, Dbacks, Royals, Indians. I think thats about it. I would NEVER wear anything Cubs, Cardinals or Yankees.

Archived