Brewer Fanatic

AA Roster

Since Colorado Springs is trash, is there a chance the Brewers will keep Nottingham ©, Gatewood (1B), Diaz (2B), Dublin (SS), Ergec (3B), Ray (OF) and Clark (OF) together to start the season? I may be advancing a few players more quickly that they should but this would be awesome. I'd watch more AA than MLB.

Nottingham is a lock for AA, and they've signed so many AAA infielders that it makes me think that Dubon is at least 60/40 to start there as well. I guess they could conceivably push Erceg, Diaz or Ray past high A, but I doubt it. Especially in Ray's case, the Brewers already have five likely AA outfielders, and I think they want to give Coulter, Roache and Taylor at least half a season to reclaim their prospect status (and that's going to be tough enough with Phillips likely still in AA and Davis getting the occasional at-bat). Diaz and Erceg are possibilities, but I've got a feeling they'll spend at least half a season in Carolina to get the affiliation off on the right note. You'll probably end up with Demuth or Charles at first, Betancourt at second and Iskenderian or Allemand at third.

As for the other guys, I think Gatewood gets pushed to A+, but Clark likely goes back to Wisconsin, although I could see an early outfield promotion if either he or Harrison get off to a fast start.

I imagine Colorado Springs will impact the placement of pitchers, more so than position players. I see them being more careful about which pitching prospects get placed in AAA, but I don't think it will impact the position players too much.

Archived