Brewer Fanatic

Nic Ungs tells minor league brawl story

WayneMorgan

One of the podcasts I subscribe to had former Brewer farmhand, Nic Ungs, on a few weeks ago and he told a story of getting in a massive brawl while in Double-A with the Brewers. He said there were two or three different times when the benches cleared and ultimately everyone had to go to the clubhouses if they weren't on the field during the last few innings. I had never heard of this before. Does anyone remember this brawl? It probably took place around 2010 or so.

They talk about it toward the end of the episode if you want to listen:

https://www.moonlightgrahamshow.com/podcast/2017/2/6/episode-9-11-year-pro-baseball-vet-tells-the-stories-you-arent-supposed-to-hear

Go to the 01:08:15 minute/hour mark at the link above to hear that specific story.

It was July 11, 2008 - here's the Link Report for that night.

Here's the separate thread discussing the aftermath.

Sadly, the audio (and at the time, grainy video) linked in the Link Report are both no longer available:

"This is ugly, I mean real ugly, punches being thrown all over the place!"

Archived