Greenleaf1

Adam McCalvyVerified account‏@AdamMcCalvy 6m6 minutes ago

Upcoming Brewers probables:

Today: Guerra

Tuesday: Davies

Wednesday: Anderson

Thursday: Garza (I think)

Friday: Nelson

Peralta already pitched to prep for the WBC, so hard to say where he'd slot in if he's doing well (probably in place of Nelson), but I think if I counted correctly and these guys pitch every 5th day, this would line up perfectly for Guerra to start on opening day.

There's obviously plenty of room for adjustment in the next month, but this has to at least somewhat represent what Counsell is thinking for the rotation.

Adam McCalvyVerified account‏@AdamMcCalvy 6m6 minutes ago

Upcoming Brewers probables:

Today: Guerra

Tuesday: Davies

Wednesday: Anderson

Thursday: Garza (I think)

Friday: Nelson

Peralta already pitched to prep for the WBC, so hard to say where he'd slot in if he's doing well (probably in place of Nelson), but I think if I counted correctly and these guys pitch every 5th day, this would line up perfectly for Guerra to start on opening day.

There's obviously plenty of room for adjustment in the next month, but this has to at least somewhat represent what Counsell is thinking for the rotation.

I believe one spot is Peralta's to lose. Nelson has options and was messed up the entire 2nd half. He has to prove he put those command issues behind him. Will be interesting to see when they use Milone too.

• 3 weeks later...
Guerra has been named the opening day starter. Boy, he's had a nice year or so.

Not saying you're wrong but during one of the broadcasts this past week someone said that Davies was. It was probably Rock meaning it was almost certainly wrong but someone said it.

He was the only other possibility and it's a preseason game on tv. They probably hyped it a bit. Which is telling about the state of our starting pitching. We have enough talent fill out the back end but not a lot of choices at the top.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived