Brewer Fanatic

2017 - Spring Training Games

Bombers
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm only going by the box scores since I haven't seen any of the games, but is anyone else worried about Susac? He seems to be striking out a ton (not hitting either.) I kind of thought he'd be the leading candidate for the starting catching job, but so far Pina and Bandy seem to have outplayed him. Then again, it's spring and, like I said, I haven't seen a single game, so I have no idea what he's looking like at the plate, or behind it. If you were to go on current spring training performance, who would be your starter?

Augie and Rock together...ugh. Could you get anymore of an unintelligible and unintelligent duo?

I'm Augie's age so I'll translate his key point from yesterday: "Garza has to pitch himself into the rotation this spring and he knows it. Right now he's the odd man out. Yesterday didn't help his cause." He tried to spin it positively so the message got garbled but he's right on both counts.

Augie and Rock are two of my favorites. I was at Brewers Fantasy Camp this year and tried catching for the first time. Augie had a left-handed catcher's mitt (they are hard to find!) and he let me use it all week. He's very knowledgeable about hitting and is great at giving guys tips on lots of aspects of the game. Rock runs the camp, so I've had a lot of time to talk to him as well. He has a great critique of the team and I find his take to be very insightful. I guess different people like different approaches.

23-1 now in the Bottom of the 5th

Arcia, Broxton, Kirk N, & Shaw have all homered.

Wow

Save some of that for the regular season!

(Saw the box score online, and I knew someone would be talking about it here.)

I'm only going by the box scores since I haven't seen any of the games, but is anyone else worried about Susac?

If you were to go on current spring training performance, who would be your starter?

No it is only spring training. I don't care at all. That being said he sure isn't winning a roster spot playing like that. Though he likely had little chance anyway seeing he had options.

I am taking Bandy only because I really don't see Pina as a legit starter. Might as well give starting at-bats to the one that has a a less known ceiling. However both are likely to play 50-50 to start the season and one will likely get majority after showing results on the field.

As far as Susac's options go, his struggles in a sense work out pretty well for us in that we can keep the catching depth and it's pretty easy to justify sending him down without looking like we're holding him back just for his options.

On the other hand, it's also a bit frustrating because Susac is the highest touted of the 3 and the one we'd hope would have come in and seized the job and forced our hand.

Good chance he'll be up at some point, and he can probably force his way up anyway if he rakes in AAA.

Archived