Brewer Fanatic

2017 - Spring Training Games

Bombers
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Windmill Ed Sedar in midseason form. Sending a runner home from 1st on a 1 out double. Throw got to home plate with the runner about halfway down the line at 3rd.

This can't go on once we contend...He kills us, just kills us on a regular basis.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It's only 1IP seen, but Jungmann looked awful. Fb was everywhere. His first breaking ball was a beauty called strike 3. Next couple not so nice. I'd say 3 total pitches were good. His other 17? Or so were AA innings filler quality. What a 2year 1st round failure on draft picks. They wont even tally100 games total out of those four, maybe even 50 total.

Uecker was heaping praise on Perez today and as if on cue, Hernan blasted one prompting him to say, "how can you keep this guy out of the lineup?" My thoughts exactly. He went on to mention how every time they see a scout from the Tigers, all they ever ask is how Hernan is doing. Many in the Tiger organization knew the kind of talent he had. Melvin made a number of impactful waiver claims. Perez may turn out the best. Counsell has to get Perez in the lineup at least 5 or 6 days a week.

STRONG lineup of prospects today for the minor league game against the Korean team:

Brewers Player Dev‏ @BrewersPD 3h3 hours ago

The lineup: Harrison RF, Dubon SS, Diaz 2B, Lara 3B, Gatewood 1B, Feliciano C, Roache LF, Clark CF, Orimoloye DH. Starting pitcher - Kirby

Erceg is ridiculous. Should start in Carolina and soar up top 100 lists if he looks like he did last year.

Could see him finishing the yesr in Biloxi and maybe getting a cup of coffee in Milwaukee by the end of 2018.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Demi hit a laser shot (108mph) in the minor league game.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Holy Spring Box Score! 14 walks!, 14 Runs, 15Hits! by the Brewers today. 2HRs by Erceg 5RBI. Bandy 3-3 First two hits Run Scoring vs. Kluber. 6 runs against Corey Kluber.

Gotta like this early production from the guys you'd question on production continuing.

Erceg's HRs were off of Hoby Milner and Nick Pasquale fwiw, no Majors experience in either of the two. Not exactly arms with an extended ML future ahead of them.

Holy Spring Box Score! 14 walks!, 14 Runs, 15Hits! by the Brewers today. 2HRs by Erceg 5RBI. Bandy 3-3 First two hits Run Scoring vs. Kluber. 6 runs against Corey Kluber.

Gotta like this early production from the guys you'd question on production continuing.

Erceg's HRs were off of Hoby Milner and Nick Pasquale fwiw, no Majors experience in either of the two. Not exactly arms with an extended ML future ahead of them.

Both guys however have been as high as AAA, and Milner was a Rule 5 pick so he'll be in MLB assuming he isn't offered back. Erceg is still outperforming his level significantly.

I don't pay much attention to that kind of thing in the spring anyway. Guys like Milner who are playing for a roster spot are often throwing every pitch like it's the most important one of their lives. Veteran pitchers who are 'locks' are often experimenting or trying new things in spring and sometimes get hammered as a result.

Is B.A. leaving for basketball tourneys the reason why the past handful of games haven't been broadcasted? I heard in the meantime that Rock is gonna be the play-by-play guy with Augie as the color man. God help us if that's the case, but I suppose anything is better than Craig Coshun *shutters.

Is B.A. leaving for basketball tourneys the reason why the past handful of games haven't been broadcasted? I heard in the meantime that Rock is gonna be the play-by-play guy with Augie as the color man. God help us if that's the case, but I suppose anything is better than Craig Coshun *shutters.

He is, but that's not the reason why. They never have televised many of the ST games. Usually it's every Saturday and some games during the week sprinkled in here and there. Yea, Augie with an expanded ST roster full of names he's never heard of...not a good combo. I can hear it now "Lucas EarKeg"

Archived