Brewer Fanatic

6-11-05 Miami v. Nebraska Game Thread

Nice to see the BB and the stolen base... I'm not sure why, but I'm thinking it's good for him to have those instincts before he even starts playing pro ball. All he has to do now is make a dazzling play in the field and hit a home run and I'll be completely excited about this guy.

To me, Braun bears a strong resemblance facially to someone well known, but I cannot place it exactly....anybody have the same thought that can help me out?

The Karate Kid.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Good thoughts on the resemblances first of all....also, Braun just made a pickup and throw on an attempted double play (the 2nd baseman threw it away), that was very fluid...

Braun's defense may not be as good as he has shown so far in these 2 games I have watched with interest, but I would say he certainly has the ability to be a very good defensive third baseman.

Brauns 6th inning at bat typified what Nebraska has been doing to him all series....he gets in the hole 0-2 after the home ump calls 2 strikes on balls that were in the left handers batters box....simply incredible...

then Gordon gets ejected after he argues......wacky

While he didn't do anything spectacular, he didn't do anything that made you think he couldn't play. I remember watching Kenny Felder and Antone Williamson in the CWS. Felder's swing was all tied up while Williamson's bat looked slow and the announcers kept commenting about his weak defense. You knew watching those guys that the Brewers had some work to do with them. You get the feeling that Braun doesn't have those kinds of bad habits. If he is legit, he could climb the ladder quickly like Weeks did. There is nobody ahead of him to block him.

Braun didn't get many defensive chances , but when he did he really showed quick, soft hands. You don't realize watching him in the field that he's a shade over 6'2". He showed more range than Miami's SS, though 3B will be Braun's longterm position as he'll continue to fill out and get stronger. He's already added 10 pounds of muscle since enrolling at Miami, impressive for a guy that is a real dedicated student. I expect him to really add strength fast now that he'll have more free time.

Toby statement of "Braun will be playing OF within 2 years looks like the biggest misstatement of the year on this board this side of "Weeks is overrated".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Archived