Brewer Fanatic

No Arctic Tailgate?

rickh150

I really don't know why they wouldn't hype this up more rather than tearing it down.

Also, did anyone notice that the Brewers did not put out single game ticket prices until tickets went on sale at 9 today? Kind of annoying for someone trying to frugally plan games ahead of time. Another change from previous years.....

My thought in a season in which they are not likely to contend that if you are trying to be frugal unless you have to see the Cubs or perhaps a Summer Saturday you would be much better off buying on Stub Hub or if it's early or late in the season the upgrade deals can be quite awesome if you just buy the cheapest ticket to get in (because the upgrade is the same price no matter what ticket you got into the park with).

I really don't know why they wouldn't hype this up more rather than tearing it down.

Also, did anyone notice that the Brewers did not put out single game ticket prices until tickets went on sale at 9 today? Kind of annoying for someone trying to frugally plan games ahead of time. Another change from previous years.....

I don't know how other teams do it but on Thursday we were looking for tickets for the Brewers @ Braves series and single tickets still weren't on sale yet. So the Brewers aren't behind some teams on doing that part.

I'm surprised to hear that didn't happen, as it always seemed a draw. I'd guess opening day tickets weren't going to be as hard to come by as many people most likely dropped their 10 or 20 packs through the rebuild. Not that we were planning on camping out, but 6 of the people in my normal group all won the lottery to buy tickets, making me think they were able to draw more names than years past.

It still happened

Nope.

Sure fans came early and camped out. Yet the team did not hype the event by providing t-shirts, coffee, hot dogs, donuts, soda, and Brewers alumni appearances. The MJS cited the Brewers concerns for fan safety in the cold weather and a focus on online sales as the reason for the change.

It still happened

Nope.

Sure fans came early and camped out. Yet the team did not hype the event by providing t-shirts, coffee, hot dogs, donuts, soda, and Brewers alumni appearances. The MJS cited the Brewers concerns for fan safety in the cold weather and a focus on online sales as the reason for the change.

I had read a fox6now story and they still called it the "Arctic Tailgate" so I assumed it was the same. Just read the jsonline piece and yeah they pretty much killed the event. Also noticed today all the Opening Day tickets for sale at brewers.com, so yeah, not even an illusion of scarcity this year. Should have figured since like Corey, I and everyone else I know who were in the lottery drawing all got picked.

So, are you guys saying that Opening Day will be reminiscent of Opening Day in "Major League" with a gathering of people and a whole lot of empty seats?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

So, are you guys saying that Opening Day will be reminiscent of Opening Day in "Major League" with a gathering of people and a whole lot of empty seats?

There were a ton of empty seats at opening day last year, even before the Giants turned the game into a blowout.

There were a ton of empty seats at opening day last year, even before the Giants turned the game into a blowout.

But, there's always a ton of empty seats at opening day, because everyone is wandering the concourse (or the parking lots) in a drunken stupor :)

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived