Brewer Fanatic

BSOL

BrewersAA

with spring training officially commencing I am interested to see which "vet" shows up to spring training in the [sarcasm]best shape of their life[/sarcasm] since its common place that we get one BSOL fluff piece every year.

side note: i would be interested to see the analytics on performance vs. spring bsol announcements....

My vote is for a pitcher this year i will guess Matt Garza with a hedge on willy peralta or jimmy nelson.

Garza and Braun are the only guys I would consider veterans on the team but I'll go with Scooter since he needs to be to play all those new positions.

Torres, Milone, Gennett, Peralta, Feliz, Nelson, Anderson, and Nieuwenhuis all would be considered veterans by most measures.

Well BSOL would mean most likely someone who could stand a better fitness. That would probably fall on Wily Peralta most likely. Andrew Susac who I don't know to physical appearance, but a catcher makes sense to be that considering the 3headed challenge that is about to commence. My last prediction would be Domingo Santana since he rehabbed twice last year, that maybe that learning experience of health teachings I'm sure he endured, led to better habits when working out. Stretching or exercises that help refrain from injury. Which of all the Players I want to root for would be my pick to hear such talk from. I think he may possess the highest ceiling on the roster at this moment, though Broxton has the better defense/speed so WAR will reward him higher. But, I'm hoping a .270/.355/.545 kind of batting line emerges out of Santana.

Braun can't be in the "best shape of his life" because he's not training with A-Rod & Gabe Kapler anymore

What evidence have you that Gabe Kapler used PED's? Honest question.

None. Much was made of Braun working out with Kapler in the offseason before his MVP year & 2012. Not even saying guilt by association. Just saying that now that Braun isn't training with A-Rod & Kapler anymore he won't be in the "best shape of his life"

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Braun can't be in the "best shape of his life" because he's not training with A-Rod & Gabe Kapler anymore

What evidence have you that Gabe Kapler used PED's? Honest question.

None. Much was made of Braun working out with Kapler in the offseason before his MVP year & 2012. Not even saying guilt by association. Just saying that now that Braun isn't training with A-Rod & Kapler anymore he won't be in the "best shape of his life"

Got it. I thought it was a PED reference.

I know Kapler has been on the "suspicion list" due to his physique, but he's never been overtly implicated (that I know of anyway), and has strenuously denied use.

Last year it was Garza.

Looks like it might be Garza again, but he was in too good of shape?

"I had to stop cardio, running, the last month, because I was underweight and didn't have the right body fat," Garza said. "I was down to 212 pounds and 7.5 percent body fat. They wanted me to report back at 220 and 12 percent. So I stopped running and ate everything. Avocados were my best friend for the month of January.

http://m.brewers.mlb.com/news/article/216465662/brewers-matt-garza-poised-for-bounceback-2017/

Last year it was Garza.

Looks like it might be Garza again, but he was in too good of shape?

"I had to stop cardio, running, the last month, because I was underweight and didn't have the right body fat," Garza said. "I was down to 212 pounds and 7.5 percent body fat. They wanted me to report back at 220 and 12 percent. So I stopped running and ate everything. Avocados were my best friend for the month of January.

http://m.brewers.mlb.com/news/article/216465662/brewers-matt-garza-poised-for-bounceback-2017/

I saw that and had a little chuckle that it seemed as if they intentionally didn't say best shape of his life/career...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived